3. AXO
4. Theta
5. Gphi
6. Alpha Phi
7. KKG
8. KD
9. XO
10. ADPi

A little different than in previous years but the 19s changed it up a bit. Top 5 can all be swapped around depending on pledge class but this is where it stands right now.

Posted By: Correct rankings
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: yup   

PMNs this is as close as it gets to being correct, but rush with an open mind and dont worry about rankings

By: yup
by: truthAug 17, 2016 5:03:32 PM

^^tru

By: truth
by: Freshman listen upAug 20, 2016 10:19:28 PM

Maybe DG isn't top, will disagree with that, but there have been changes. AXO and Gphi moving up. AXO has definitely broken the mold for what a fun, likeable, sorority girl is supposed to be like. The cookie cutter - bleach blond look is out! Probably would place them at top tier now in this order

AXO, GPhi Tridelt
but top 5 has been interchangeable depending on year.

By: Freshman listen up
by: FinallyAug 21, 2016 10:30:58 AM

Someone finally has the nerve to say what's really going on with top tier!

By: Finally
by: bumpAug 21, 2016 7:22:39 PM

bump

By: bump
by: BumpSep 2, 2016 9:57:55 AM

^bump

By: Bump
#12  by: actually   

This ranking is very out of date and is promulgated by alums that need to fill the house to pay the mortgage. Don't pay attention to their puffing.

By: actually
by: thanksAug 19, 2016 2:16:01 PM

Thanks for saying this since it needed to be said. I swear that 3/4 of the comments on here bear no resemblance to present day UIUC. I think I'll vomit if I see another one with DG as the top house. They're down in the middle somewhere but they show up at the top of every rank on here. They're by far the dumbest girls at UIUC and everyone knows it except the alums.

By: thanks
by: Back to reality...Aug 22, 2016 9:17:25 AM

How many times has the doctor told you that skipping your med's makes you delusional? The top houses are still the same. Theta/ DG/ Tri delt (and maybe axo) are still the top tier and probably will be for a long time.

By: Back to reality...
by: Wake upAug 22, 2016 9:46:14 PM

Those aren't the top three any more

By: Wake up
by: nahAug 25, 2016 9:17:34 PM

DG Tridelt and Theta no longer top three.

By: nah
by: JojoAug 25, 2016 10:42:23 PM

Theta no longer top three.
Tridelt never was.

Top 3 (no particular order): DG, AXO, GPhi

By: Jojo
by: yupAug 28, 2016 10:38:36 AM

Top 5 may not have changed much, but the top three has definitely changed since the 18s and 19s.

Agree about AXO moving up

By: yup
#13  by: Reality Check   

This year there are like 30 more PNMs per round than usual going through open house at rush, but quota has not been raised to handle that. Do the math, that's hundreds more girls than there are house slots for, even after the usual number drop out. So if you are too picky or don't give every house a real chance, you could be left without a house at all. That happens every year but this year it will be more than usual so best to be open as you make decisions. Good luck to both sides of rush!

By: Reality Check
by: SolutionSep 2, 2016 1:26:44 PM

We need more sororities - We have no ZTA, SSS, or ASA chapter - that's just 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

These houses all folded a while ago - they can probably start off with a clean slate by now.

By: Solution
by: SolutionSep 2, 2016 2:13:44 PM

also D Phi E and Phi Beta Chi.

By: Solution
by: trueSep 3, 2016 9:49:14 AM

Agree with reality check - Having more houses so more girls can be part of Greek life can only help.

By: true
by: NoSep 7, 2016 2:58:35 PM

Quota is not predetermined. It is calculated at prefs. If the number of PNMs at prefs increases, the quota will, too.

By: No
#14  by: truth   

The original list was obviously written by an alum from a long time ago. I don't blame them for looking back with nostalgia, but PNMs need to know that this list is an interesting history, not current ranking.

If I had to pick the top 3 houses now, I'd pick Tri Delta, Gamma Phi, and maybe Alpha Chi as the top 3. Theta and DG are just frankly no longer that desirable to PNMs. That said, all our houses are great, so don't despair if you're cut by your favorite. Find a new favorite the next day and go for it!

By: truth
by: Nope Sep 2, 2016 11:06:53 PM

^Gohi isn't top three

By: Nope
by: agreeSep 4, 2016 10:23:18 AM

^agree - but Gphi probably in top 5

By: agree
by: top tier nowSep 10, 2016 1:20:23 PM

Top tier now (can be interchanged in order)
AXO, tridelt and GPHI

Theta and DG second tier definitely.

Just because you were used to be top for years, doesn't mean that people will continue to put you there. Eveyone has noticed how things are changing and will continue to change (in a good way).

By: top tier now
#15  by: open minded   

loved all the houses on this list, but also the ones not on the list.

By: open minded
by: yes^ Sep 5, 2016 8:36:37 PM

yes, don't think this list is complete!

By: yes^
#16  by: Hmmmmmm   

Even though this one doesn't have all the houses, it's probably the most current. Pretty accurate.

By: Hmmmmmm
by: yus ^Sep 8, 2016 3:55:33 PM

bump

By: yus ^
#17  by: look at this one   

looked at all the recent rankings and this one is by far the best one. PMN's look at this one and all the remarks, they are good remarks too about the changing in ranks!!

By: look at this one
#18  by: For the PNMs:   

In general PNMs, don't pay attention. It is a tiny group of people, including many alumnae, who are responsible for almost all of the comments and rankings on this site. In other words, this is a fun place to visit - but I wouldn't want to live here!

By: For the PNMs:
#19  by: Close   

Would replace ADPi with Pi Phi or AZD but other than that pretty spot on

By: Close
by: uhNov 14, 2017 11:09:39 AM

ok pull up this ancient post to say that

By: uh
by: qwNov 20, 2017 10:18:42 PM

there goes pi phi self ranking again

By: qw
#20  by: so   

i really don't see XO being relevant anymore i don't understand how they're consistently ranked top 10

By: so
by: XODec 14, 2017 12:42:01 PM

XO is one of the best but in a different way. They are more smart and sporty, rather than flashy and drunk. Perhaps less fun at an exchange/party/block, but for what counts in the long run they are very good. Not saying they are #1, but definitely among the better ones.

And DG is still very good, dont know why some people are knocking them.

DDD is only "top" because they are skinny blond party girls, not as much substance there. But lets face it, thats who guys want to party with....so keep them in top tier for now.

By: XO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.