facebook

No such thing as an “underground” member

by: Real talk re:KAT

So, there has been talk regarding a certain pretty PNM possibly bring an “underground member” of KAT. KAT National bylaws would never allow that- you are either a pledge, an active or an alumna member or you are a guest. Nationals and house boards are very strict for insurance and liability reasons.

Theta is absolute bottom at Alabama due to their refusal to be part of the machine. However, it’s been social suicide for them, but they abide by their National bylaws to not take part in any secret societies or sorority within a sorority groups.

If Theta bid promised or used dirty recruitment tactics ( such as actives and PNM’s partying during no-contact), they can be fined and can be put on social probation. Plus, those tactics are cheap and tacky- can you really call yourself a top house if you can’t follow easy rules?

Posted By: Real talk re:KAT
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: b   

I've seen this term about a girl who everyone expected to get a Theta bid too. I think they mean she will associate/be friends with all of those girls still, just not attend meetings/events/be in the house

By: b
#2  by: bt   

I think most of the confusion comes from the fact that she held a pregame for Theta. So either they blindsided her (which i doubt) or something weird is definitely up.

By: bt
#3  by: OOS   

i am in a different (very highly ranked) sorority at a different school but i know of at least one girl my sorority has given a cob “under the table” during our main rush. the girl was being cut from rush for some panhel reason (had missed a house because she was sick) but on bid day we gave her a cob. my school doesn’t do snap bids, so idk if you would consider it a snap bid- but she was kind of undercover until we could formally COB her months later. not saying this is what happened with TN just that it may be a similar situation

By: OOS
by: OOSJan 21, 2022 10:09:22 AM

this girl also was a shoo-in for our house

by: ?Jan 21, 2022 10:44:43 AM

You lie like a dog, non-greek. This isn't permitted.

By: ?
by: OOSJan 21, 2022 10:50:42 AM

at the end of the day, exec boards are made up of teenage girls who choose how seriously they want to take the rules. my school is not southern and doesn’t always have a ton of alumni or advisor oversight. it was pretty easy for this to happen! i’m not saying this happens en masse every year, but that the rules are flexible for girls they really want to slip in.

by: ?Jan 21, 2022 11:01:56 AM

No, the rules are not flexible. Your national office would have sh__ a brick if this really happened and they had found out.

By: ?
by: OOSJan 21, 2022 2:23:31 PM

yall’s passion about this topic is really shining through!

#4  by: lol   

This comment from “bama”….LOL YES you can be a top house and use dirty rush tactics 😂 Ask literally any major west coast college (especially Alpha Phi). Trust me, ESPECIALLY because SMU rushes winter, there is plenty of room for dirty rush. I’m just trying to say that the Theta pregame ALONE was dirty. Actives should have NO communication with PNMs during rush week, so the fact that they were together before bids were open is sus. That means these girls were told they have a bid or why tf would they have been invited and then opened their bids (with the actives present) together. The craziest part is that Theta and Kappa didn’t think about this twice and actually posted it on social media???

By: lol
by: 😳😳😳😳😳Jan 21, 2022 1:21:09 PM

Did you say sus? 😳

By: 😳😳😳😳😳
by: !!!Jan 23, 2022 3:18:58 AM

No literally. I feel like KAT is doing damage control and making their new members comment and upvote/downvote certain things. Hey btw KAT you may have a few moles in your newest PC who are telling their friends stuff that goes on

By: !!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.