by: Tik Toc

Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report

It is due next week. October 1st.
SPILL PanHellenic.

Posted By: Tik Toc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Time   

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of PanHellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the PanHellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post.

By: Time
by: We see youOct 5, 2020 2:10:46 PM

Word is that the person who has spamming this site w all the stupid legacy complaints has been identified through IP Address! Hoping that “Report” will be made public!!!

By: We see you
by: Yes!!!Oct 5, 2020 4:45:41 PM

It’s time! For the person droning on & on (lying) about the recruitment process, legacies, etc. let’s have full transparency of who you are and why you’re so obsessed w SMU Greek life

By: Yes!!!
by: lying ?Oct 5, 2020 5:47:17 PM

For the top 3 sororities they usually have 70-80 legacy going through recruitment each Spring. They give bids to 55 legacies and 5 to other non-legacy top recruits. The remaining legacies are taken/stolen by the other top 5 sororities. It gives the other sororities the recognition they retained another top sorority's legacy.

SMU recruitment is for mainly its legacies for the top 3 sororities. Non-legacies should focus on one of top 4-6 sororities and be prepared to get cut late. If you are heavily Greek oriented be prepared to pledge 7 - 8 or transfer to a larger university with more sororities that have a larger percentage of openings for non-legacies.

By: lying ?
by: PNMs UNITE !Oct 10, 2020 12:59:01 PM

Demand the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report".

PNMs must be aware of the legacy dominance in each PC for the past 3 years.
If panHELLenic refuses, UNITE and drop from Spring Recruitment NOW.

PNMs have the most POWER NOW.
As a LARGE tuition paying group.
UNITE or be split apart by panHELLenic in the Spring.

By: PNMs UNITE !
by: Fake newsOct 10, 2020 4:33:07 PM

OP, as long as you keep posting these wildly inaccurate numbers, no one will ever take you seriously. It's painfully obvious you have no idea what you're talking about & you're just making stuff up. You just look silly and desperate.

By: Fake news
by: frosh pnmOct 12, 2020 4:20:00 PM

k, where, how do we get this legacy report.
do not want 2 spend time w/srats that dont take non-legacies.
y doesnt p release this report

By: frosh pnm
by: PNMs BewareOct 17, 2020 12:10:30 PM

SMU recruitment is predominantly committed to honor legacies.

There are not enough Spring 2021 Sorority 1-4 PC openings for the large incoming group of legacy PNMs. Non-legacy PNMs will have "Very Limited Opportunities" to join the "Legacy Crowded Sorority 1-4 PCs".

By: PNMs Beware
by: just discoveredOct 21, 2020 9:58:57 AM

All of Smu panHELLenic's executive board members are sorority legacies. Obviously their main goal is to continue legacy dominance within their Chapters.

Non-legacy PNMs, please be aware of what you are walking into this Spring. A predetermined legacy recruitment farce.

By: just discovered
by: Most Truthful Nov 24, 2020 6:18:08 AM

2021 Spring PNMs.
Best, most accurate post of the year.

Each sorority's Recruitment Committee consists of it's most powerful alumni, a few Chapter officers and 1 or 2 active members. They review PNMs apps, recs and respond to mommies' calls & contribution$ to honor their "legacy daughter". This Recruitment Committee determines how many PNM Chapter legacies will be honored with a Spring bid, usually by November 1st. Often for the top 4 sororities, there are less than 10 openings remaining for non-legacies.

The first recruitment rounds are called "cattle calls". Most junior & seniors take Chapter fines instead of attending these. They do not want to make fake conversation with "non-legacy walking casualties".

Non-legacies have a "very legitimate beef" with panHELLenic for not disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top 4 sororities. The past few years legacy versus non-legacy Recruitment results should be disclosed to them months in advance. Leading-on non-legacy PNMs about joining Greek Life in the top 4 sororities is "cruel and deceitful".

By: Most Truthful
by: Spring 2021 PNMNov 30, 2021 8:00:10 PM

Where can I get a copy of the "Spring 2021 Legacy Disclosure Report". I really need to know what percentage of non-legacies each sorority PC has taken over the past few years. My biggest worry is spending too many time with a sorority that only takes a few non-legacies.

By: Spring 2021 PNM
by: panHELLenic SPILLDec 2, 2021 3:25:55 PM

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years. Puting 900 PNM girls through a brutal 2 semester sorority guantlet recruitment where only 180 legacy PNMs have a chance of getting a top 3 sorority bid is "cruel and deceitful".

SMU sorority recruitment is mainly for its legacies for the top 6 sororities. Disclose the truth or 900 of this years Springs freshmen recruitment PNMs should all drop in protest.

By: panHELLenic SPILL
by: Spring 22 PNMDec 4, 2021 9:57:54 AM

Dropped by panHELLenic's office this week. Asked about the past sorority recruitment PC legacy details. They said this was a common request, but no legacy data on past sorority PCs will be provided. She said they were not required to disclose this informaton.

By: Spring 22 PNM
by: Very concerned now 😕Dec 5, 2021 1:24:45 PM

Hearing from upper classmen that recruitment is a rigged, predetermined process for the top 3 sororities. As a non-legacy, I better focus on the next 3 or risk being a GDI geek next year.

By: Very concerned now 😕
by: PNMs Be Prepared 😬Jan 1, 2022 11:19:46 AM

Just beware. 😩

You are entering a long standing predetermined rigged sorority recruitment. There are more legacy PNMs than the top 3 have openings, more like 70-75 legacy PNMs for the top 3 this semester. Each sorority has a PC of about 60. The university and panhellenic should forewarn and prepare this large group of students of the harch reality of SMU recruitment. 🤨

The cattle call charade you will participate in this month will anger and leave you with resentment toward the Greek system and the university. Each year there are about 250-300 newly shocked GDIs for the numerous reasons previously disclosed. 😮

The university and panhellenic has set a Spring semester timeline so a 100% refund of tuition and housing fee deadline occurs well BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then a short 5 day period to drop courses and move out before the 50% refund is set. The 50% refund deadline is a Friday afternoon, not allowing the weekend for your parents to drive the dangerous wintery roads to move you out. All by design of the university and panhellenic. 😖

As a graduating senior, I cannot depart this university without trying to do my part to end this ongoing EVIL rigged elimination process. The university must add other social opportunities and events for non-greek students. The university gave me a great if not superior education. However, I am appalled each February to see so many beautiful 18 year old girls in a state of shock and depression. Which should be one the happiest and exciting times of their lives. 😩

By: PNMs Be Prepared 😬
by: 2018 GDI Voices 👻Jan 8, 2022 11:27:47 AM

Spring 2018 recruitment was a FAILURE due to over 200+ ladies being cut or dropping out. The numerous cover up posts above are from the current Panhellenic Committee Members wanting to spin away from their most disappointing year.

SMU and Panhellenic must be truthful to next years recruitment class. There are @60 PC openings in each one of the 8 sororities. The top six sororities with their 360 pledges will enjoy a thriving social life. These six will give bids to their pre-determined group of mostly legacy pledges. The small remainder of openings will be fought over by a ratio of 30 to 1.

The remaining @250 in recruitment will be corralled into sororities 7 & 8 or will drop out. As discussed earlier, actives in these two sororities admit their disappointment with their limited social options. GDIs will gather and discuss improvements for their future at SMU with more posts in the future.

By: 2018 GDI Voices 👻
by: omg 😨Jan 14, 2022 8:06:16 PM

After 2 day, I am a newly sHoCkEd GDI 2 night. 😳

These warning posts were/are really 4real. 😵

By: omg 😨
by: 'ole Salty Repost Jan 8, 2023 3:44:10 PM

As the GDI drives off campus in mid-May, she & her family spent $100 grand for her freshmen year earning 30 credit hours. Only 18 credit hours will be transferable to her transfer university.

The GDI will need to immediately begin summer session for 6 credit hours at her transfer university lasting through early August. Then if at UT, she will go straight into sorority recruitment & begin her pledgeship in late August. Fall classes begin & she will be initiated late November in her sophomore year.

Then Spring classes & another summer session. Continuing straight into her Junior year. Finally after 3 years of non-stop classes, the summer after her Junior year she will be caught up. However, her academic advisor strongly recommends a summer internship due to her lack of work experience. This means another summer away from her family. Finally by graduation, she can spend a few weeks with her family after being away for 4 long years.

Sadly, @ 50% transferring GDIs burn-out by their Junior year and begin real life. SMU panHELLenic has no empathy or concern for GDIs. 😒

By: 'ole Salty Repost
#2  by: do not care   

Do not not care!

By: do not care
by: Spring 2021 PNMsSep 25, 2020 12:40:25 PM

YES, we do.

By: Spring 2021 PNMs
by: lolOct 11, 2020 8:02:11 PM

No, we don't

By: lol
by: I doOct 18, 2020 11:44:02 PM

bump...

By: I do
by: PNMs UNITE !Oct 29, 2020 4:49:10 AM

If panHELLenic refuses, UNITE and drop from Spring Recruitment NOW.

PNMs must be aware of the legacy dominance in each PC for the past 3 years. Non legacy PNMs are considered "walking casualties" for the top sororities.

By: PNMs UNITE !
by: Upcoming GDI Reality 😯Jan 5, 2022 4:09:28 PM

Not funny at all. 😦

panHELLenic should forewarn Spring PNMs about the very low probability of getting a bid from the top 3 sororoties as a non-legacy. Also about the real probability of not getting a bid from the mid 3 sororities unless the PNM is a legacy or aleady knows a ton of members. 😱

Spring GDI shock is the most as severe at SMU. A complete " social metamorphis " from the Fall semester. Severe Greek sorority cliques develope resulting in GDI isolation on most evenings and weekends. The newly shocked GDI is ready to transfer away as soon as she finishes her last Spring semester final. 😞

By: Upcoming GDI Reality 😯
by: Mustang Mom 🥺Jan 15, 2022 11:08:28 AM

The 2022 sorority rush at SMU has lived up to all the bad press I’ve encountered about the process. SMU historically has had issues with non-legacy girls being passed over. 😕

SMU panHELLenic continues avoid disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top sororities. I agree with a prior post thst prior year recruitment results that include legacy versus non-legacy be disclosed to them months in advance. 🤨

panHELLenic's FAILURE to disclose and to allow “dirty” rush is completely misleading these young women in thinking joining SMU sororities is an obtainable goal. I agree it is "cruel and deceitful.” What a needless disappointment for so many non-legacy girls. It’s been a horrible experience for my daughter and many others. 😣

By: Mustang Mom 🥺
by: 2018 Past ShOcKeD GDI 👻Jan 23, 2024 6:21:44 PM

2018 Post, PNMs be prepared..... 😥

Just as real as 5 years ago.... 😞

Just got a call from my High School friend who is now an active in her top tier UT sorority. We are both attended highly esteemed private college preparatory schools and are from upper class Texas families. UT had their recruitment BEFORE classes began in the Fall. She knew the recruitment results and registered last Fall as a first semester freshman with confidence as a top tier sorority pledge. She was initiated last December and is laser focused on her major, sorority life as an active and pursuing her future husband at her sorority's numerous fraternity mixers.

Conversely, I paid 4 times as much on tuition to attend SMU. Began the lengthy recruitment last Fall that lingered into the Spring semester. Received great encouragement and was lead-on by two top tier sororities of my pending bid to their sorority. Just to be cut late and only offered prefs by sororities 7 and 8. Both were not a fit for me.

I now realize, best case scenario is to skip Fall rush and go through Spring recruitment again to try to land a spot in the sororities that interest me. Meaning I will be a Junior before I am an active in one of these sororities. While my High School friend would have been an active for 1-1/2 years.

Realistically, as a Sophomore I will be cut again by the top 6 sororities and will receive the same bids from 7 and 8. It will then be too late to transfer to another university without losing a semester of credits.

So I need to cut my loses and transfer to UT this summer. I will need to take 3 -6 hours of summer school to make up for non-transferable credit hours then go through UT recruitment in August. A brutal schedule of non-stop classes for the next 12 months just to catch up with my UT friend. Otherwise, stay at SMU as a GDI-Geed social outcast paying 4 times the tuition as my UT friend.

There are over 400 girls in this predicament this semester at SMU. Yes, PanHELLenic 👿, your EVIL rigged recruitment was a historic FAILURE to over 400 unsuspecting PNMs now depressed freshmen girls.

By: 2018 Past ShOcKeD GDI 👻
#3  by: Senior Srat   

okay.

For the top 3 sororities they usually have 70-80 legacy going through recruitment each Spring. They give bids to 55 legacies and 5 to other non-legacy top recruits. The remaining legacies are taken/stolen by the other top 5 sororities. It gives the other sororities the recognition they retained another top sorority's legacy.

SMU recruitment is for mainly its legacies for the top 3 sororities. Non-legacies should focus on one of top 4-6 sororities and be prepared to get cut late. If you are heavily Greek oriented be prepared to pledge 7 - 8 or transfer to a larger university with more sororities that have a larger percentage of openings for non-legacies.

By: Senior Srat
by: oh pleaseSep 25, 2020 4:32:51 PM

Senior Srat is the same person as the supposed salty mom. Obvi. No one knows or cares which legacies or non-legacies other sororities take.

It's sick that you have kept this up for so long, whoever you are.

By: oh please
by: ^ panHellenicSep 25, 2020 5:11:21 PM

Senior Srat is most accurate.

Lets prepare non-legacy PNMs for a major disappointing PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC SPRING RECRUITMENT.

By: ^ panHellenic
by: oh pleaseSep 25, 2020 5:19:11 PM

Hi again, salty mom/Senior Srat/panhellenic. Loser.

by: panHELLenicOct 5, 2020 12:42:49 PM

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" and for the past 3 years. Everyone is aware of panHellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the panHELLenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by panHELLenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by panHELLenic.

By: panHELLenic
by: oh pleaseOct 11, 2020 10:44:03 AM

Oh, f off. Nobody cares.

by: Spring 2021 PNMsOct 11, 2020 1:51:37 PM

YES, we ALL do.

p, just let us know which sororities take mostly legacies.
we do not to waste our time on sororities with 95% legacies.
we r walkin' into a legacy dominated recruitment.
If the top 4 r fixed with legacies, disclose it.
so we can focus on the next 4.

By: Spring 2021 PNMs
by: ?Oct 11, 2020 6:29:23 PM

I love the way you try to change the way you write so we won't know you're all the same person.

By: ?
by: panHELLenicOct 21, 2020 12:48:13 PM

Spill

By: panHELLenic
by: Past Newly ShOcKeD GDIDec 12, 2021 5:33:14 PM

Newly ShOcKeD GDIs upcoming reality: 😧

1. Denial - Yes you were cut.
2. Anger - That srat cut me late.
3. Bargaining - COB, wait it is just for srats 7 & 8.
4. Depression - @2 weeks of - what did I do wrong.
5. Acceptance - Completing transfer apps for UT and your home state university.

Then for an ego boost, a few Saturday nights at the Greenville Ave. Club scene with your fellow GDIs.

Followed by spending Spring Break finding summer session housing at your upcoming transfer university.

You will be packed-up and ready to leave a week before Spring semester finals.

After your last final, straight to the car & gone....

By: Past Newly ShOcKeD GDI
by: PNMs Beware 😯Jan 9, 2023 11:00:37 PM

SMU recruitment is predominantly committed to honor legacies.

There are not enough Spring 2023 Sorority 1-5 PC openings for the large incoming group of legacy PNMs. Non-legacy PNMs will have "Very Limited Opportunities" to join the "Legacy Crowded Sorority 1-5 PCs".

By: PNMs Beware 😯
#4  by: ??   

Here is why I think that Salty Mom is actually someone who works for GR- because quite a few posts I've made pointing out "her" errors have been deleted.

By: ??
by: Spring PNM 😟Dec 16, 2021 10:18:28 AM

Will Panhellenic give us a percentage breakdown of the legacies that each sorority had in their past PCs. We must know these stats now so we can rush those sororities that will be the best potential match for us. 🤨

By: Spring PNM 😟
by: PNMs UNITE ! 😱Dec 18, 2021 12:52:59 PM

PNMs must be aware of the legacy dominance in each PC for the past 3 years. If panHELLenic refuses, UNITE and drop from Spring Recruitment NOW.

By: PNMs UNITE ! 😱
by: ShOcKiNgLy TrUe 😮Jan 15, 2024 1:49:53 AM

Just beware. 😩

You are entering a long standing predetermined rigged sorority recruitment. There are more legacy PNMs than the top 2 have openings, more like 80-95 legacy PNMs for the top 2 this semester. Due to the recent loss of Theta, each of the 7 sororities will have a PC quota of about 65. The university and panHELLenic 👿 should forewarn and prepare this large group of 850 PNM students of the harsh reality of SMU recruitment. 🤨

The cattle call charade you will participate in this month will anger and leave you with resentment toward the Greek system and the university. Each year there are about 250-300+ newly sHoCkEd GDIs 😵 for the numerous reasons previously disclosed. 😮

The university and panHELLenic 👿 has set a Spring semester timeline so a 100% refund of tuition and housing fee deadline occurs well BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then a short 5 day period to drop courses and move out before the 50% refund is set. The 50% refund deadline is a "Friday afternoon", not allowing the weekend for your parents to drive the dangerous wintery roads to move you out. All by design of the university and panHELLenic 👿. 😖

As a graduating senior, I cannot depart this university without trying to do my part to end this ongoing EVIL rigged elimination process. The university must add other social opportunities and events for non-greek students. The university gave me a great if not superior education. However, I am appalled each February to see so many beautiful 18 year old girls in a state of shock and depression. Which should be one the happiest and exciting times of their lives. 😩

A wise past - newly ShOcKeD GDI 👻

By: ShOcKiNgLy TrUe 😮
#5  by: Great idea   

Here's a great idea! How about if all the amazing non-legacy women collectively decide to pledge the so-called bottom 2-4 sororities. Those pledge classes would blow the top 3 away because apparently the top houses choose based on legacy status only, not quality or who fits in best. Everybody wins!

By: Great idea
by: ??Oct 22, 2020 8:54:24 AM

That's a wonderful idea!

By: ??
by: - kOct 22, 2020 7:45:49 PM

panhellenic admits the top smu srats are mostly legacies.
non-legacies are spring recruitment walking casualties.

smu greek social life can only carry 3-4 sororities.
the remainder risk greenville ave club's stranger danger.
non-legacies should get a p/t job soph-senior years.

By: - k
by: nopeOct 22, 2020 8:20:39 PM

Panhellenic did not admit any of that.

By: nope
by: finallyOct 23, 2020 4:15:05 PM

Non-legacy PNMs have been given their proper name by the top sororities for Spring Recruitment.

"WALKING CASUALTIES"

Non-legacy PNMs, please be aware of the 2021 SPRING PREDETERMINED LEGACY FILLED PC RECRUITMENT you are walking into.....

By: finally
by: Concerned Spring PNM 🥺Dec 18, 2021 10:39:02 PM

Will Panhellenic give us a percentage breakdown of the legacies that each sorority had in their past PCs. We must know these stats now so we can rush those sororities that will be the best potential match for us.

By: Concerned Spring PNM 🥺
by: Newly ShOcKeD GDIs 😵Jan 22, 2024 12:37:54 PM

Newly ShOcKeD GDIs upcoming reality: 😧

Tonight the newly sHoCkEd GDI must call her parents with the bad news. After her parents paid $50 grand for another SMU semester, she has to tell them about being cut from the sorority/s she wanted to join. This is after during the holidays, telling them about how these top sororities expressed great interest in her.

Her mom did not tell her about the numerous weekends she had to donate, her time, labor and contributions to various causes to secure the numerous RECS required for SMU recruitment. Her mom still has 4-5 more weekends of commitments to these legacy moms for their RECs. A great emotional and financial loss to this GDI and her family.

Being a GDI/Geed in such a Greek life socially dominated exorbitantly expensive university is impossible to validate. 🥺

By: Newly ShOcKeD GDIs 😵
#6  by: SMU Frosh Reality   

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

SMU Spring Recruitment is committed to honor legacies.

100% of SMU panHELLenic's executive board are legacies.

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Legacy lead panHELLenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Legacy lead panHELLenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

Only 360 PNMs accepting bids from sororities 1-6 will experience the legendary SMU Greek life experience. An additional 60 will accept bids from 7 & 8, leaving on average 300 newly shocked GDIs each Spring semester.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" and for the past 3 years. Everyone is aware of Legacy lead panHELLenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the Legacy lead panHELLenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Legacy lead panHELLenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Legacy lead panHELLenic.

By: SMU Frosh Reality
by: bsOct 26, 2020 11:32:03 PM

“Spill the results on a Greek rank post” who would ever release an official report on this troll site? 70% of the info on here is sketchy at best, 10% is social climbing trolls, and the remaining 20% is just you ranting about legacies. It’s time to shut it down

By: bs
by: WoW !Nov 16, 2020 4:43:27 PM

panHELLenic paid GR to remove the past 2 days of factual posts regarding their upcoming Spring Recruitment.

$cary corruption.

PNMs BEWARE.

By: WoW !
by: arbysNov 19, 2020 8:38:17 PM

ma’am this is not a “public forum” this is an arby’s

By: arbys
by: Sadly AccurateNov 27, 2020 4:32:22 PM

2021 Spring PNMs.

Each sorority's Recruitment Committee consists of it's most powerful alumni, a few Chapter officers and 1 or 2 active members. They review PNMs apps, recs and respond to mommies' calls & contribution$ to honor their "legacy daughter". This Recruitment Committee determines how many PNM Chapter legacies will be honored with a Spring bid, usually by November 1st. Often for the top 4 sororities, there are less than 10 openings remaining for non-legacies.

The first recruitment rounds are called "cattle calls". Most junior & seniors take Chapter fines instead of attending these. They do not want to make fake conversation with "non-legacy walking casualties".

Non-legacies have a "very legitimate beef" with panHELLenic for not disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top 4 sororities. The "legacy versus non-legacy" Recruitment results for the past few years should be disclosed to PNMs months in advance. Leading-on non-legacy PNMs about joining Greek Life in the top 4 sororities is "cruel and deceitful".

By: Sadly Accurate
by: Upper classman/girl 😨Dec 21, 2021 8:42:39 PM

By: Upper classman/girl 😨
by: PNMs Be Prepared 😬Jan 8, 2023 1:03:05 PM

Just beware. 😩

You are entering a long standing predetermined rigged sorority recruitment. There are more legacy PNMs than the top 2 have openings, more like 80-95 legacy PNMs for the top 2 this semester. Due to the recent loss of Theta, each of the 7 sororities will have a PC quota of about 65. The university and panHELLenic should forewarn and prepare this large group of 850 PNM students of the harsh reality of SMU recruitment. 🤨

The cattle call charade you will participate in this month will anger and leave you with resentment toward the Greek system and the university. Each year there are about 250-300+ newly sHoCkEd GDIs 😵 for the numerous reasons previously disclosed. 😮

The university and panHELLenic has set a Spring semester timeline so a 100% refund of tuition and housing fee deadline occurs well BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then a short 5 day period to drop courses and move out before the 50% refund is set. The 50% refund deadline is a "Friday afternoon", not allowing the weekend for your parents to drive the dangerous wintery roads to move you out. All by design of the university and panHELLenic. 😖

A wise past - newly ShOcKeD GDI 👻

By: PNMs Be Prepared 😬
#7  by: not us   

Or maybe you removed them to keep interest on the SMU forum. Since you're not really a mom or girl, you really work for Greek Rank.

By: not us
by: truNov 21, 2020 4:52:51 AM

panHELLenic paid GR to remove the past 2 days of factual posts regarding their upcoming Spring Recruitment.

$cary corruption.

PNMs BEWARE.

By: tru
by: 2021 Srat GradNov 21, 2020 2:38:15 PM

Senior Srats are most accurate.

Lets prepare this Spring's non-legacy PNM class for a major disappoint with the PREDETERMINED LEGACY FILLED SPRING SRAT RECRUITMENT.

Well over 80% of sorority 1-4 Spring Legacy Filled PC has already been selected by their Recruitment Committees. Just the remaining 10 or so PC members will be selected during the recruitment rounds.

By: 2021 Srat Grad
by: but whyNov 23, 2020 7:36:00 PM

If that was truly the case, then why would these houses bother spending tens of thousands of dollars on formal recruitment just to “recruit their remaining 10 spots”? Your logic makes no sense.

By: but why
by: truly saidNov 23, 2020 8:27:46 PM

Each sororities Recruitment Committee consists of it's most powerful alumnus, a few Chapter officers and 1 or 2 active members. They review the pnms apps, recs and respond to mommies call & contribution$ to honor their legacy daughter. This Recruitment Committee determines how many pnm Chapter legacies will be honored with a Spring bid, usually by November 1st. Often, for the top 4 sororities, there are less than 10 openings remaining for non-legacies.

Non-legacies have a very legitimate beef with Panhellenic for not disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top 4 sororities. The past few years Recruitment results should be disclosed to them months in advance. Leading-on non-legacies about joining Greek Life in the top 4 sororities is cruel and deceitful.

By: truly said
by: hahaNov 24, 2020 7:36:07 AM

Oh, now you're dropping the Salty Mom persona and pretending you're someone in the know. Only you're neither or you would know how it really works. And whoops! You said top 4 sororities. Have you moved your royal opinion from 3 to 4 tops?

By: haha
by: wtfNov 24, 2020 9:31:04 AM

Everything you’re saying is wildly untrue. You think that:
1) the most powerful alumna take time out of their multimillion dollar lives just to review freshman girls for a chapter that they are no longer an active in, and
2) college women would rather pay $1000s of dollars in fines (to do what—do nothing and chill all day?) than talk to freshmen during open house/philanthropy? And that their families are okay with that? Why would they even fly in for work week if they’re planning to skip the first two days? Your argument is falling apart.

You are incredibly misinformed and are not in touch with what is happening at this school at all.

By: wtf
by: WTF ?Nov 24, 2020 11:31:19 AM

$1,000s for missing the first few "cattle call" recruitment days? Who would want to join that Gestapo srat.

Srat alumni are involved with recruitment. They reside over our Chapter Boards and other committees. They are equally involved with their country clubs, philanthropic and religious activities.

Do us all a favor, (wtf & haha)^ stay at home for the remainder of this & next semester. PNMs will know & understand the harsh truth before Spring Recruitment this year.

By: WTF ?
by: bumpNov 24, 2020 9:26:59 PM

^ Luv it.

By: bump
#8  by: Lead Post Worthy    

2021 Spring PNMs.

Non-legacies have a "very legitimate beef" with panHELLenic for not disclosing their limited opportunity to join the top 4 sororities. The past few years legacy versus non-legacy Recruitment results should be disclosed to them months in advance. Leading-on non-legacy PNMs about joining Greek Life in the top 4 sororities is "cruel and deceitful".

By: Lead Post Worthy
by: ole' SaltMar 15, 2021 1:07:25 AM

told 'ya so.......

- enough said.

By: ole' Salt
#9  by: SMU Panhellenic   

After hearing and reading about the upcoming Spring Greek sorority harsh reality, it is time to release Legacy Disclosure Report to all Spring PNMs.

No delays, excuses or spin. Just the past PC results for the past 3 years. If you do not release this data to all PNMS, all PNMs should boycot Greek Spring Recruitment.

By: SMU Panhellenic
by: 22 Recruitment Reality 😒Dec 19, 2021 11:19:51 AM

Sororities:

Top 3: you need to be a legacy PNM.
Next 3: you need to know a ton of the members.
The rest: you need to have a heartbeat.

900 Spring PNMs.
8 sororities with 60 PNM openings.
480 total sorority PNM openings.
Many / half of PNMs will be cut by the top 6.

If you are not a top 3 legacy, focus on the next 3.
Then the next 2 if you want to remain at SMU in the Greek system.

200-300 cut PNMs transfer after their freshmen year.

Being a GDI geek in an Greek social life dominated absorbently expensive university is impossible to validate. 😧

By: 22 Recruitment Reality 😒
#10  by: lol   

regardless, all the “legacy” pnms hang out with other legacies, this doesn’t affect them so the majority of the girls rushing will still be in a top house. releasing this report will do nothing to change how it is.

by: wtf ? 😖Dec 1, 2021 7:04:34 AM

^ panHELLenic bs spin:

"majority of the girls rushing will still be in a top house".

Reality: 180 PNMs mostly legacies will be in a top house.
900 Spring 2022 PNMs are registered for recruitment.

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

SMU Spring Recruitment is committed to honor legacies.

100% of SMU panHELLenic's executive board are legacies.

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Legacy lead panHELLenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Legacy lead panHELLenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

Only 360 PNMs accepting bids from sororities 1-6 will experience the legendary SMU Greek life experience. An additional 60 will accept bids from 7 & 8, leaving on average 300 newly shocked GDIs each Spring semester.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" and for the past 3 years. Everyone is aware of Legacy lead panHELLenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the Legacy lead panHELLenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Legacy lead panHELLenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Legacy lead panHELLenic.

By: wtf ? 😖
by: lolDec 1, 2021 12:45:12 PM

yes but like i said, all those legacy pnms do not care for this disclosure report since they’re in a top house. non legacy pnms need to do this themselves however no matter what nothing is gonna change. you said it yourself that the exec board is almost all legacies. they wouldn’t change it so that more non legacies get into 1-6. they want to keep it in their small circle. all this does it freak out more non legacy pnms. just let them go through rush on their own and experience it. i mean these girls should’ve known how exclusive greek life is considering how small our school is. if they wanted a top sorority, should’ve gone to bama or ole miss

by: Not Funny 😖Dec 6, 2021 2:11:50 PM

Not funny at all. 😦

panHELLenic should forewarn Spring PNMs about the very low probability of getting a bid from the top 3 sororoties as a non-legacy. Also about the real probability of not getting a bid from the mid 3 sororities unless the PNM is a legacy or aleady knows a ton of members.

Spring GDI shock is the most as severe at SMU. A complete social metamorphis from the Fall semester. Severe Greek sorority cliques develope resulting in GDI isolation on most evenings and weekends. The newly shocked GDI is ready to transfer away as soon as she finishes her last Spring semester final.

By: Not Funny 😖

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.