facebook

stop hating on gphi

by: Just plain rude

Gamma phi is just a good of a sorority as any of the others on SMUs campus so stop hating on them!!

Posted By: Just plain rude
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Truth   

There’s nothing wrong with Gphi. They’re nice, normal girls, who maybe on average are a little shorter or a little more pale, but they’re just as sweet and genuine as other girls. However, I hear where these GDI girls are coming from. Being honest, gphi, through no fault of their own, does not have the social currency that other sororities have at SMU. This means they DO have fewer social events, less members, etc. and frats socialize with members less on average. I can totally see how this turns people away, even though turning away from this sorority is what’s causing them to fail. Regardless, these girls are sweet and it’s nice that these girls get a home on campus despite the social stigma associated with it, because a sorority is more than its socials with frats (I heard they’re having a rough mixer season.) They do have GREAT alum connections and great philanthropy/grades. Hope they start making quota. It would be sad for them to be replaced with another sorority (although it might solve the social stigma problem)

By: Truth
by: StigmaJan 28, 2020 12:52:41 AM

If Gphi closes, a new house will face the same "stigma" problem (...orit will shift to AXO or maybe DG).

The problem is not GPhi, the problem is the willingness of so many girls to transfer after not getting Kappa/Theta/Pi Phi/Tri Delt.

You don't hear of girls transferring at UT or A & M.

Maybe it is time to go to fall recruitment.

By: Stigma
#12  by: "houses 7 and 8"   

Have you ever heard the term "poisoning the well?"
Well that's what that wacko mom is doing when she posts constantly about most of the freshman class transfering away from SMU because they got the dreaded house 7 or house 8. If she weren't trying to manufacture outrage, girls would be happier being selected by those houses.

By: "houses 7 and 8"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.