facebook

stop hating on gphi

by: Just plain rude

Gamma phi is just a good of a sorority as any of the others on SMUs campus so stop hating on them!!

Posted By: Just plain rude
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: truth   

this is fax

By: truth
#2  by: rainbow   

why my pee pee come out my bum

By: rainbow
#3  by: Knowmystuff   

please just let the pledges be happy where they landed. there's absolutely no reason for the hate.

By: Knowmystuff
#4  by: Nice Girls   

I don't get the hate. I am in another house, but I have become friends with a number of GPhi's through my major. My overall impression (beyond just my GPhi friends) is that they have nice, attractive girls (not the stunners some houses have), they do their own thing, and don't try to aggressively social climb. Several of the girls I know did fall rush or COB. I think they are good at picking up some good girls that way.

The folks bashing them on here need to reevaluate their own self-image and why they feel the need to put down others to feel better about themselves.

By: Nice Girls
#5  by: GPB   

I know a few and they are just as nice looking as the average sorority girl at SMU. This whole thing seems to have been caused by some mom who thinks if she spends a lot of money on a private education for her daughter, that it should come with a bid to the sorority of her choice. Surely she didn't grow up around greek life or she wouldn't be so coarse (or so crazy)

By: GPB
#6  by: !!!!!   

These girls of this sorority are beautiful inside and out SMU PNMs need to stop insisting that they are above this sorority when in fact they are just being snobs

By: !!!!!
by: faxJan 19, 2020 12:55:07 PM

sad how so many girls would rather drop & label themselves as GDIs than join a sorority where everyone seems to actually like each other

By: fax
#7  by: Its Panhellenic !   

We are upset with SMU Panhellenic and the university.

Leading-on 750 freshmen girls to openings in the top 6 sororities. When there were actually less than 60 openings for non-legacies. Making our parents pay for 2 semesters, $100 grand to get the freshmen recruitment results. Entrapping almost 300 girls for the Spring semester, when a majority of us would NOT have returned to SMU if we received the results last semester.

We are facing harsh problems right now.

By: Its Panhellenic !
by: Its Panhellenic !Jan 19, 2020 1:50:10 PM

300 Newly Shocked GDIs in crisis mode right now.

By: Its Panhellenic !
by: !!!!!!!Jan 19, 2020 3:43:21 PM

Wrong! There is only that many girls dropping because they don’t get their first choices and rather leave then seeing what that sorority that wants them is really like.
(I understand that it’s frustrating when you don’t get the same houses as your friend and you don’t get why the house you liked dropped you..... it’s a hard and frustrating process) but the sorority that your end with saw potential in you and it’s not nice to just drop them bc they think they are above them.

By: !!!!!!!
by: ^Jan 23, 2020 1:08:33 AM

If there weren't so many lies on here about houses she calls 7 and 8, more pnms would be confident enough to take a bid and build up those houses. But if she keeps reposting that stuff from years ago and acting like it's new, she's going to ruin greek life at SMU

By: ^
by: hang onJan 26, 2020 11:40:12 AM

Don't give the trolls so much credit, or this site either. To say that anything on here would ruin greek life at SMU is just grandiose. The members are in charge of greek life and are the only ones who have the means to influence it. Silly little pnm's and their over-achieving moms who don't get it can just go ahead and whine that it's not fair, but they don't get a say in NPC recruitment, and SMU certainly has no reason to care. So whatever.

By: hang on
by: HuhJan 28, 2020 5:11:52 AM

How can there be a “top 6” when there are only 8 sororities? Isn’t that like being proud that your state got named in a list of the 40 best states? There is a major lack of critical thinking with some of these posts.

By: Huh
#8  by: Guest   

GPHI is a bottom house and that’s ok. Stop trying to make everyone acknowledge a garbage house as equal to the top 3. It’ll never happen.

By: Guest
by: !!!!!!!Jan 19, 2020 3:33:53 PM

Excuse me!! NO HOUSE is garbage!!

By: !!!!!!!
by: ^Jan 19, 2020 4:33:21 PM

Stop it. This is just too mean to say about anybody.

by: IronicJan 19, 2020 5:34:35 PM

Ironic that the comment about "garbage house" comes from someone with the manners associated with "garbage people."

You sound like a real keeper!

By: Ironic
by: @FactJan 26, 2020 6:34:25 PM

My mom is a Theta (I not a Theta, nor GPhi, btw), and the Ole Miss Theta closure has really caused a lot of dischord nationally among Theta alums.

I saw the GPhi pledge class on Instagram, and they are actually a fairly attractive group. I don't recall meeting any during recruitment so I can't say if they are nice or not.

The bottom line is that this is GPhi's business, not the business of any other house.

What happens if GPhi closes? Another house ("#7") will suddenly be the "stigma" house, and will not meet quota, and according to your analysis, will need to be closed by their National.\n\n\n\n\n

By: @Fact
#9  by: Pledging   

When a girl pledges a sorority she is pledged for life and her daughters will be legacies for that sorority too. Every sorority has a stigma, both locally and nationally. So if SMU thinks it’s shameful for the girls who are offered a bid yet sends their regrets, whether it’s GPB or any other sorority at SMU, there needs to be a better understanding of why sometimes a girl doesn’t want to pledge a certain sorority and would rather be a GDI or transfer universities and rush elsewhere again.

By: Pledging
by: the hell?Jan 19, 2020 4:17:32 PM

What happened to going to college to get an education and prepare for a career? Or does SMU stand for Sorority Mom University?

By: the hell?
by: ^Jan 26, 2020 7:16:48 PM

Exactly. That's what's so embarrassing about that mom that keeps posting. She makes SMU look bad by pretending that so many girls are just here to get a place in a sorority they perceive is top at SMU. She obvs doesn't know much about actual SMU students

#10  by: Hush   

Rumor is ZTA or Alpha Phi will come in if GPhi gets kicked.

By: Hush
by: Not trueJan 26, 2020 10:25:01 PM

If two sororities were to come on, it would not be these two.

By: Not true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.