facebook

sophomore rush

by: smugal

do you have to have a ton of friends in the house to get a bid as a sophomore? I have a few friends in each house, and one or two really good friends in most. I have a much better gpa than last time, like above the housesaverage, and i’m involved in a bunch of stuff . Will i have a hard time getting a bid? I didn’t know many people last time and had a bad gpa lol

Posted By: smugal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honest   

being a sophomore can be really good or really bad. if you are as close with the in house girls as you say you are, then i wouldnt be too worried but also don’t think that’s a shoe in. all houses have to take a certain number of sophomores and if youre frends with girls it definitely helps but a lot of sophomores that re-rush end up with the same prefs. good luck!!

By: honest
by: ClarificationJan 5, 2019 8:20:08 AM

It is incorrect that all houses have to take a certain number of sophomores. Quota is an upper limit, not a minimum requirement, and panhellenic cannot dictate who or how many any house offers bids to. The separate upperclassmen quota only exists so that these students don't have to compete for spots with freshmen, who are more desired. Houses may bid to quota on upperclassmen or take a pass, however they wish. This is not meant to scare or deter anyone, but just to make the actual facts clear. Remember that anyone who makes it to the pref round and ranks each of those houses (or only the one) will get a bid!

By: Clarification

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.