facebook

phi mu and zta

by: legacy

I'm a a Phi Mu and ZTA alum through my mom and aunt and noticed both are silent at SMU, what happened?

Posted By: legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fff   

both were around in the 80s/90s but did not make quota and left in the early 90s

By: fff
#2  by: Actually   

I will fix this for you: you mean that you are a legacy through your mom, because she is the alumna, but no one is a legacy through an aunt. What happened is declining membership and the associated lack of money. The recruiting system was different back when these chapters folded. There was no RFM so houses didn't have to make cuts until the very end, and also pnm's could drop houses as well, so less popular houses didn't have much of a chance. The more popular houses would keep inviting pnm's back even though they knew they were going to cut these pnm's anyway. This was just so a house could have big numbers at parties and look good. Meanwhile these pnm's were dropping houses where they actually had a chance, and when they were inevitably dropped, they had no houses left. Also there was a lot of dirty rushing going on, and no such thing as quota plus so girls would go to pref and still end up without a bid. This lead some chapters to have a bad rush and not make quota year after year, so they had to fold.

By: Actually
#3  by: greek geek   

What happened is that as a result of deferred recruitment and PNMs ranking chapters and not being open to all groups, every couple of years, SMU has lost another chapter. Great national organizations, involved and great members but PNMs not willing to be open minded due to what they heard from the "men" on campus first semester. Welcome to a deferred recruitment campus.

By: greek geek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.