facebook

just a suggestion

by: SMU

SMU is a small school. These ranks can be tossed out at any point that a house gets a completely dynamic leader or two. Don't be afraid to go with a house you love just because they are considered lower tier. YOU can make a difference -- you can make any house a top house if you are willing to work on it.

Posted By: SMU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: On point   

So true

By: On point
by: No question Sep 9, 2016 4:48:59 PM

One persons top choice is the bottom for another. Try new things and Get involved in anything and everything that interests you. The friends you make doing the things you like to do are who you should try to be with.

By: No question
#2  by: YES   

THIS!

By: YES
#3  by: well   

Do you think Gamma phi and Beta will be moving up this year?

By: well
by: MkaySep 7, 2016 2:02:59 AM

Beta for sure

By: Mkay
by: UmmSep 7, 2016 10:29:25 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but plenty of people both Greek and non Greek can't stand some of the organizations whose members think they're best. In fact they're hated by many

By: Umm
by: truthSep 12, 2016 2:33:09 PM

Beta will definitely move up. I think they just need a few dynamic new members and they could be top tier in 3 years. Gamma Phi could do it too but girls are more catty than guys so I don't know if greek rank would let them move up.

By: truth
#4  by: love this   

I love this idea. I really wonder what it would be like to get some great girls in the lower houses and that goes for the guys too. It would make things so much better here. What about it freshmen?

By: love this
by: No worries Sep 16, 2016 9:39:24 PM

There already are some great girls in kappa and pi phi

By: No worries
by: YesSep 17, 2016 11:38:42 AM

Whatever houses you're thinking are low already has lots of great girls

By: Yes
by: ^^^Sep 18, 2016 8:11:21 PM

So true! All the houses here have great girls and it's always bothered me that people say mean things about the girls in the "lower tier" houses. It would be a miracle if the Dallas girls could ever get over the whole ranks thing. But how amazing would it be for us to be the ones that changed things.

By: ^^^
by: Stevie WonderSep 23, 2016 1:08:12 AM

Saying beta will be top in 3 years is like saying smu football will make the cotton bowl in 3 years

By: Stevie Wonder
by: Girl Sep 26, 2016 4:38:23 PM

Actually in my opinion Beta already is top 3.

By: Girl
by: Tiers Sep 26, 2016 4:42:06 PM

Lots of people consider kappa and piphi to be bottom tier.

By: Tiers
by: ?Sep 28, 2016 4:24:27 PM

Tiers, seriously You have chip on your shoulder and should not criticize two top houses just because they did not invite you back or turned you down. Truly great girls in every house, especially the ones that love their own house and do not worry about others. There is no bottom tier here!

By: ?
by: ....Oct 4, 2016 10:36:45 PM

Well it's true there's no bottom tier, here

By: ....
by: UmmOct 16, 2016 9:39:44 PM

No way kappa belongs anywhere but on the bottom. Totally without class

By: Umm
#5  by: well I don't know...   

Can a few top guys make a difference? Yes, definitely. They can start to make a name for a house then recruit more top guys next year. Do I look for that to happen? Absolutely not. The guys we have at SMU are not that type of leaders. They're more the see how well I can hold my liquor types if you know what I mean. Nice guys maybe but not into social equality or anything - more into following the crowd.

By: well I don't know...
by: yepSep 26, 2016 1:48:12 AM

So true. It would be fun to try to change things and maybe you could if anyone gave a crap but we millennials are so concerned about status that we have lost the ability to think for ourselves. At SMU I doubt anyone even cares about social equality. We're happy to suck up to Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg after they make their billions, but when they're just poor geeky engineering students we don't want anything to do with them.

By: yep
#6  by: @above   

Change will not come to SMU in my opinion. Everyone here is too vested in the way things are. It would have to be someone from out of state or something that didn't care about the historical ranks.

By: @above
by: RanksOct 3, 2016 7:09:18 PM

As it is, the only ones who care about ranks or have a vested Interest are the ones who constantly rank and say they're best. That's why they're despised and shunned talked about as being snobby by others. Not because others are turned down or want those houses but because thise houses are snobby and backward thinking with closed minds as someone else said, Valuing only existing family money over individual Brilliance, thought or potential

By: Ranks
by: J.t.Oct 13, 2016 9:31:50 PM

So true

By: J.t.
#7  by: question   

Which houses do you think have the nicest members. I mean girls that are sweet, kind, helpful, etc. and guys that are straight up gentlemen?

By: question

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.