facebook

gdi soph

by: be honest

So i was really hoping to join a sorority heading into my 2nd year here. my major is very small and demanding so i have two questions;
1. how time consuming is being in a sorority? i'll obviously have free time but not much so i don't want to get in over my head
2. are there certain sororities better known for sisterhood? i have made great friends here but i would really like to make more. a friend who is in greek life mentioned that a sorority like DZ is too big for their own good and they don't know their sisters well. i would really like to make a ton more friends and stay away from sororities where i won't have as clsoe of a bond with my sisters

Posted By: be honest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: answers   

obviously being in a sorority takes a good amount of time and effort, but you put the time and effort into doing things because you want to. you'll find ways to work your schedule around chapter meetings/philanthropy events/ hanging out with your sisters. if you have other commitments they'll obviously be understanding, but you can't use that as an excuse to not put any effort in at all.
also, every sisterhood is strong in their own way. it doesn't matter if you're dz, dphie, aephi, axid, or phi sig. you'll love your sisters in your own unique way. when there's close to 200 girl in each sorority, obviously you won't know every sister very personally, but you sister have a sisterhood connection. no one sorority loves their sisters more than another, we all just show it in our own ways.

By: answers
#2  by: Fyi   

Every sorority on this campus is as big as DZ. actually DZ isn't even the biggest one. It's AXiD or DPhiE. Not sure which now that sororitys had seniors graduate.
Also, don't listen to what people say. All the girls of these organizations know their sisters. People like to say things like that to bring each other down. The girls in these sororities are all friendly with one another. None of them are all best friends. Whoever tells you that is lying to make themselves look better. All the sororities are more or less the same. You'll make friends wherever! Just go meet all the girls and see who you vibe with the best :)

By: Fyi
#3  by: Panhelgirl   

The above commenters are correct, the sororities aren't all that different in those respects. It really just depends on what you're looking for as a whole. You will find a great sisterhood and group of girls who are willing to listen to you and be there for you in any of then sororities, but each is a little different due to what they're "known" for. Again, these are just reputations and you may have a completely different experience than what people outwardly acknowledge about each group. I'll sum it up very quickly: DZ- pretty/girly girls DPhiE- sweet and very philanthropy minded AXiD- new, still working on a rep (good for girls interested in helping form/be a part of something new) AEPhi- fun party girls also known for a great sisterhood (partly due to something some girls wouldn't want to go through, but it's up to preference!) PhiSig- smart girls

By: Panhelgirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.