facebook

society process

by: help

Does anyone know how the society process works after spring break? How many interviews do most societies have after break/total?

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nickname   

Senior in a society here. Most societies have already sent out initial tap letters and have completed first round interviews. Second round interviews are the week after break. If you don't hear back by the end of our first week back, that probably means you weren't selected for second rounds. After second round comes pretap. If you're pretapped by a society, that means you have a spot in that society. Many people are not pretapped by a society, but still granted a spot in that society before tap night. This is because not everyone in a society's pretap class will join that society.

Don't stress too much about the process. It's impossible to accurately judge someone based on a few minute interview. A ton of people join societies junior year just for FOMO anyway and then drop at the beginning of their senior year. Several of my friends dropped their societies because they found that it wasn't actually worth their time.

Skull and Bones, etc are more dramatic -- they usually reach out only on pretap night or tap night.

By: nickname
by: doahrMar 17, 2019 9:54:35 PM

actually many societies tap people who didn't even get a second round interview if too much of their pretap class declines the offer

By: doahr
by: AgreedMar 18, 2019 12:05:18 AM

Some societies (like Skull and Bones) get so many taps accepted that other societies who were also tapping those juniors will send out new taps. In short, not everything happens all at once for every society. The entire process is on a rolling basis, more or less.

By: Agreed
by: S&BMar 26, 2019 2:42:06 AM

Who sent out fake Skull and Bones taps??

By: S&B
by: mmmApr 13, 2020 6:26:21 AM

Do Skull & Bones and/or scroll & key have interviews or do they just send out invitations?

By: mmm
#2  by: ?   

If you got a first round interview but didn't get a second round interview, and not enough people accept a society's tap....would that society go back to the initial pool of first round candidates who they didn't offer a second round or reach out to completely new people?

By: ?
by: nicknameMar 19, 2019 11:54:38 PM

Both are possible!

By: nickname
#3  by: .   

bump

By: .
#4  by: ???   

What happens if I accept a pretap because there's a time requirement, but then my other top choice comes back and offers me a spot? Am I allowed to switch if it happens before tap night?

By: ???
by: mmmApr 13, 2020 6:25:41 AM

Do Skull & Bones and/or scroll & key have interviews or do they just send out invitations?

By: mmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.