facebook

the problem with pi phi

by: .

as a guy.. pi phi is really hot and sororityty but they seem way too intense about this whole sorority thing. Apparently they make this whole slideshow where they publicly rate the incoming potential sisters. like why? I don't get why this is such a "pi phi thing" and it apparently hurt them with their 2019 sophomores. Theta clearly won and both Pi Phi and Alpha Phi essentially split evenly on everyone else. Although it does seem that pi phi girls are a little more cohesive when it comes to attending mixers and actually being friends. but that's just my personal take.

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: THIS!!!   

Amen

By: THIS!!!
by: okSep 15, 2017 4:44:14 PM

I'm gonna copy and paste a review on Pi Phi's page that I think made a really good point:

Anyone who's been on this website in any capacity the past month or so knows that Pi phi's been self ranking a lot and spreading hate on the other sororities' pages. And apparently, they just now started posting fake self ranks on sororities to cover it up... Even people who have never been on Greekrank know that Pi Phi's been doing dirty rushing to try and get back to top tier, and they know who the one girl is who posts like 90% of what Pi Phi posts on here. But my question is why... Pi Phi is different from the other 3 because they have the athlete vibe and that honestly makes them stronger. So what if they don't get the Thetas? Who cares? Let Theta be Theta. You guys should embrace your real vibe! Most people like Pi Phi and still go to their events so why does something like a less "elite" reputation even matter? You guys still party and have tons of fun! Even the house thing is whatever, Aphi never had a house till now and they still got great girls. I would just advise Pi Phi to stay off this website and wait till recruitment, I'm sure everything will work out for everyone.

By: ok
#2  by: What the hell??   

Theta has never had that policy. It was always just a piphi thing. Also do you not realize that this stupid feud just hurts you whenever you propagate it? I am a Theta and we couldn't care less who "wins" rush. We have a great class! So do you! Just grow up and stop starting a feud no one cares about.

By: What the hell??
#3  by: re: nope   

YES that was EVERYTHING. Also, can confirm the slideshow was abolished, and the chapter at Yale (like many other groups at Yale) is trying to think on ways to how to make Greek life at Yale a more inclusive space-- NOT a breeding grounds for nepotism. Thanks for your opinion but no thanks @ "The Problem with Pi Phi."

By: re: nope
by: rush 2017?Sep 9, 2017 5:12:16 PM

The slideshow was still happening during last year's rush. Maybe after rush ended Pi Phi voted to end it, and I hope they did, so if by "the slideshow was abolished" you mean it will no longer exist by next year's rush, then I guess you're right. But last year it was still up and running.

By: rush 2017?
#4  by: Theta   

Pi Phi has never been self-ranking more than they have in the past couple months because they're so freaked about losing their house that they still desperately try to compare themselves to us. Every time APhi tries to equate themselves with us Pi Phi shoots them down as a self-rank yet you guys are the ONLY ONES ON THIS WEBSITE. Newsflash: you're not top tier anymore. Get over it.

By: Theta
by: ^Sep 7, 2017 8:53:47 PM

ouch

By: ^
#5  by: .   

the girls on this site are so catty and mean—pi phi included—and I think you should take a good luck in the mirror about your priorities in life.

By: .
by: fSep 21, 2017 12:11:51 PM

it's mostly pi phi on this site if you couldn't tell. lmao.

By: f
#6  by: ok look   

Pi Phi may be really intense about rush but they really do have a cohesive sisterhood. Even without a house they've still managed to stay close to one another, and I respect them for that. They do like weekly brunches and do everything together. They're intense about it because they genuinely care about sisterhood and although some of their means are not necessarily justified, it's good to know that they support one another.

By: ok look
by: wellSep 13, 2017 12:14:56 AM

I don't doubt what you're saying, but I question why the strength of their sisterhood has to hinge on things like feeling like they are better than other sororities (as evidenced by PBP-fueled hate on the other three sororities' pages on this site).

It's completely fine that pi phi loves pi phi, but why does it have to be "love pi phi, screw everyone else?" (not saying this is everyone, but a few vocal people/the people on this site). I don't think the other sororities as a whole have that mentality.

By: well
by: idkSep 16, 2017 9:28:21 PM

Pi Phi's always been that way. They make up false rivalries to have something to get worked up over.

By: idk
#7  by: ^   

I agree with this from second-hand observation (I'm a guy but know the "mother" of Pi Phi). She's really been active in forming unity among even the 2020 girls which says something given she's a senior.

By: ^
by: this is trueSep 15, 2017 4:23:08 PM

2020 pi phi girls are all really close

By: this is true
by: YesSep 18, 2017 2:19:55 AM

THANK YOU. Was waiting for someone to say this. She literally opened up her home for the girls of Pi Phi to gather since they don't have a house.

By: Yes
by: yepSep 19, 2017 4:21:34 PM

most sisterly sorority for sure

By: yep
by: YEPSep 20, 2017 4:39:12 PM

Not like CLIQUEY and CATTY APHI

By: YEP
#8  by: KAPPA   

KAPPA self-ranks so much. Pi Phi maybe started doing it a little more last year but no one complains about Kappa self ranking???? WTF irrelevant.

By: KAPPA
by: uhSep 14, 2017 6:32:25 PM

are u ok lol

By: uh
by: uhSep 14, 2017 6:32:25 PM

are u ok lol

By: uh
#9  by: hahahaa   

rumpchat

By: hahahaa
#10  by: RIP   

BYE BYE PI PHI

By: RIP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.