facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

Elon University - EU General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 6 of 18
#51  by: tinkerbell   

It?s hard not to listen to what your friends and other people are saying, so for that reason I think taking note of tent talk is unavoidable. PNMs quickly learn that some sororities are popular and some are not. What?s important is for PNMs to also recognize that chapter strength can vary from year to year and from campus to campus, and just because a certain sorority is unpopular in one location or time period doesn?t mean it needs to stay that way. Less popular houses are probably due for a makeover? and Active members in those houses know it, whether they admit it or not. There is nothing like a pledge class with ideas about how to change things to inject new life into these sisterhoods. With the right attitude pledges can create something new and wonderful, and take pride in knowing their pledge class makes the difference. Pledges in these chapters tend to gain a wealth of leadership experience early in the game and set the stage for a bright future.

By: tinkerbell
#52  by: dat64   

okay, all i have to say i that this site is mainly just greeks bashing other greeks while remaining anonymous. we all have our stereotypes, some of them are true, but most of them are not. PNM's, you need to get to know girls in different sororities and stop listening to all of these negatives. the truth is, every sorority at elon has a ton to offer and it just depends on where you fit in. Most of the stuff on this wedsite wouldn't be said it individuals or organizations had to take responsibility for it.

By: dat64
#53  by: yo   

i'd say delta and sigkap are your best bets.

By: yo
#54  by: Hmmm   

Ranking sororities is pointless. The stereotypical "strong" sororities get bashed on my ignorant jealous girls who don't see the bigger picture. The stereotypical "weak" sororities get bashed on by the SAME type of girl who is deeply insecure. Greek life at Elon is great. Reading how immature all of these comments are makes me sad about how people can be so petty. Yes, it may be fun to rag... but remember, if a PNM sees this site, she will get a horrible idea of what Greek life is like.

By: Hmmm
#55  by: nononsense   

SigKap and AZD are the best if you want to have fun, be involved, and be friends with their sisters.
Some will say that about Delta too - but some of them are really fake.

By: nononsense
#56  by: fge   

HAHA I love how AZD is on top - just take a look at those girls - that should show you how accurate this ranking system is

By: fge
#57  by: yo   

this is how it is:

first tier (no order): zta, phi mu, sigma
second tier (no order): delta, sigkap, azd
bottom (IN ORDER): aopi, axo

yeah, girls want to be in the first tier ones. but you're going to have to deal with a lot of drama and pettiness. the second tier ones will make you the happiest. they're still pretty cool, but a lot more chill. bottom tier will take anyone. it's not a bad thing .. people will look at these girls as awkward, but at least there's a place for them to go.

By: yo
#58  by: omg   

these rankings are SO messed up
agree with below

top - phi mu, sigma, zta
middle - sk, ddd, azd
bottom - aopi, axo

By: omg
#59  by: twelve   

I think its telling when you see all these rankings pop up over the weekend - these people need to get social lives!

I think every group appeals to different people for different reasons. Some are ultracliquey (Sigma), some are loud and overly involved (AZD), some are hateful towards anyone who isn't greek (Delta), some are really polished and classy (Sigma Kappa), some are stuck-up (Phi Mu). And while these things will appeal to some PNMs, there are girls like this in each chapter on campus.

By: twelve
#60  by: heyjude   

When people get snarly about not making friends because they are not going through rush, it's really sad. I can't imagine anyone Greek going out of their way to hate non-Greeks or people not going through rush. But if you say you are going through rush I think it's natural for Greeks to want to talk to you because it?s an experience they can share. Hopefully everyone Greek reading this sees how they need to put themselves in the other person?s shoes and act accordingly. Be sensitive around non-Greeks and people who don?t rush because it?s easy to give the wrong impression and it can hurt. Find something interesting in addition to Greek life to talk about with freshmen and PNMs ? consider it good people skills.

By: heyjude

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.