facebook

star girls?

by: Star girls?

Why is zeta the only sorority to have 'star girls'? Aren't there 'standout' girls in every PC? Maybe they aren't as pretty as zeta stars but there are some really pretty, fun girls in middle tier PCs that are better than some of the girls in zetas Sophomore PC. Who are star girls in every sorority?

Posted By: Star girls?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

yes, there are standout girls in every pc. but i think zetas is mentioned the most because there is such a difference between the "stars" and the rest of their sisterhood. most of their sorority consists of really lame wannabe social climber girls. i think thats why "star girls" are more associated with zeta because their differences are so drastic. there is definitely a ton of favoritism too which makes other sisters upset.

like phi mus have like maggie kendall melissa etc. but because all of the phi mus are relatively similar its not a drastic difference and not highly noticeable so its not mentioned as much because the girls who get recruited are all at about the same level.

By: yes
#2  by: Doc   

All the sororities have pnms they really want- not just the top tier and they all have their own ways of recruiting them. "Star girl" gets thrown around a lot because Zeta made it public a few years ago that that's what they call the pnms that they want. But you don't need to be a "star" to get a bid.

By: Doc
by: lolNov 30, 2014 3:12:05 PM

i totally forgot that it was the zetas that were the ones calling their favorite girls that. looking back i remember how pissed off girls in the senior pledge class were when they found out about it and felt unfairly treated.

By: lol
#3  by: Snowflakes   

And it's a common misconception that PNMs have that the girls that the top tiers are wanted by everyone else. They aren't. And if it's know that a specific sorority has dirty rushed a PNM all fall, that PNM will probably be cut by most of the other sororities.

By: Snowflakes
#4  by: stargirls   

Zeta was the one who originally coined the term "star girl." They've always focused on one specific clique of girls and put all of their effort into recruiting them. At some point one of the older pledge classes started blatantly calling their favorite clique the "star girls" and word got out. Needless to say, lots of girls (who are in the senior pc, at this point) were not happy about it.

By: stargirls
by: stargirlsNov 30, 2014 10:55:04 PM

Also every sorority has some groups of girls that they are trying hard to get. They just don't go around calling those girls "star girls"....

By: stargirls

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.