facebook

spring rush

by: J.S.

Now that the first spring rush is behind us, how does everyone think it went? What was quota and did all four houses make quota? How many girls went thru? I've seen Insta shots of KD, Theta and Zeta pledge classes, guessing about 9 was quota? Wondering how do active chapters view a girl who gets a bid and declines it?

Posted By: J.S.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Js   

Quota was 8, all four made quota.

By: Js
#2  by: mnm    

KD didn't make quota because they only got 6 o they had to give out some snap bids

By: mnm
#3  by: tdog    

kd cut so many people due to gpa requirements after skit night and then they couldn't make quota, so girls that usually would have been kd ended up in the others. I'd say that theta and zeta are on the same level as kd after this rush. The sororities are changing a lot right now with all the construction. Tri delta here will always be tri delta, but after this rush id say the order is ZTA top, KD and Theta tied for a very close second, and then tridelt. In my opinion zeta and pike will be the top two frat/sororitys in a few years.

By: tdog
#4  by: Panhel spirit   

I think Tri Delt can elevate . . .I know of a girl or two that declined bids there because they thought it wasn't good enough for them. If those kind of girls get smart about opportunities they would be glad for that bid and help grow that chapter. It only helps Wofford if every greek org is strong and appealing to potential students. I agree that Zeta got a great PC and is tops. Will there be fall sorority rush too?

By: Panhel spirit
#5  by: it what it is .   

my take on everything after this rush..
Top: ZTA (Knocked KD of the top slot- really stepped up their game)
Tied for next best: Theta (AWESOME pledge class this spring, super well respected here) /KD (changing face ALOT right now after this rush-lost several great girls to theta and zeta this time around. off pledge class this spring and fall too)
Tridelt- lots of sweet girls but not strong here, but they serve a good purpose here

Boys
1.KA is the same, PIKE has really stepped it up
2. SAE's freshman are terrible this year but other grades are good
3. Kappa sig- again like SAE upperclassmen are much better, falling again after this year
Do phi and sig nu even exist?

By: it what it is .
by: woffy Feb 20, 2016 4:01:36 PM

I'd have to say that theta, kd and zeta are all really strong here and you cannot say that one is better than the others. Who knows tri delta may compete with them at some point. I think they're happy where they are anyways which is good. KD and theta are more similar now than they used to be, kd is kind of turning into a church girl type of a sorority which isn't bad, just different, zeta is the most social by far, and theta got what I would say got the most sought after spring rushees. well done for all groups

By: woffy
#6  by: another brother    

Biggest greek jump of all this year is pike....wow they rose this year. Competes with KA now

By: another brother
#7  by: lol   

I'm wondering if all of the zeta's sat down together and decided that they were going to run their mouths on an anonymous website that no one believes is relevant. If anyone is really wondering what sororities or frats are like at Woff, ask someone who goes here. You know what they say about insecurities...you only feel the need to pull others down when you know you're lacking.

By: lol
by: HankFeb 21, 2016 11:49:27 AM

No one is bashing anyone. There are no rude insults or "off pledge class" comments that are in other posts. It's observations about current status and opinions on spring rush.

By: Hank
#8  by: honestly....   

spring rush was a good thing because it set up the tiers for the future. I think we can all agree
Top: Zeta
Middle: Theta/KD (wofford really needs good middle options and we have two now which is awesome. )
Bottom: DDD

Boys
Top: SAE- I think they really did a good thing taking spring pledged. have not fallen at all..../Pike/KA
Middle: Kappa Sig - did not move either, becoming very popular.
bottom: Sig nu, then phi

By: honestly....
#9  by: happy!    

Observations about this year
-Theta did awesome this spring and after this pledge class they secured their spot as a solid middle tier sorority (there are two middle tier houses: KD also id middle tier). A ton of girls got cut by them this year.
-That being said, KD is changing a lot right now. The strict alliance between them and KA is dwindling which is great because it meant they're branching out. Not as social of a group as they once were either, but still a nice group. Very heavy GPA cuts this time around.
-ZTA is definitely the top house here now no question. Put on an awesome rush and got great girls. Awesome house
-tridelt actually could cut girls this time which means they're improving???

By: happy!
#10  by: athlete   

Top tier is still KD/ZTA for obvious reasons, although theta and tridelt had amazing spring recruitments as well!! Wofford has so many amazing women that all sororitys have great girls!

By: athlete
by: athleteFeb 22, 2016 6:36:33 PM

and as far as the guys go-
ka/pike/sae/kappa sig are all good, who cares about the other two lol

By: athlete
by: klutzFeb 22, 2016 8:59:46 PM

Agree with the first statement but the second statement about the guys and "who cares about the other two?" They care. They have feelings and parents who love them and maybe little sisters and brothers who look up to them. So if they are not in the most popular frat (by anonymous standards) let them be. Let them feel valuable and that they are doing something good. Let's stop judging people and putting them down! It hurts people's feelings and maybe I am old fashioned but feelings matter and people matter.:) Be nice, y'all.

By: klutz
by: cooperFeb 23, 2016 10:14:35 PM

ZTA is above and beyond KD and anyone on campus knows that after this year.

By: cooper

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.