facebook

Why are some sororities so white?

by: Curious

I’m not asking this to put down any of the orgs, I’m just curious. Based off the instagrams alone, it seems like 90% of the people who arent white get funneled into DPhiE. And even though some of the other orgs have some diversity, some of them just seem straight up 99% white?
Is it because less not white people rush? Why is it so disproportionate?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ummm girl!    

girl what a weird way to ask about diversity. You already know the answer. You asked this like a child LMFAO BYE

By: ummm girl!
by: a real answerMar 8, 2021 1:15:33 PM

@stop. But you didn’t answer her question either. Let’s demonstrate civility and good Greek relations. I’m sure some people feel bad looking at what comes up on their honest question(s). She wasn’t right to sound mean but you added wood to the fire and you know it lol

By: a real answer
#2  by: a real answer   

Hello 😀 here’s the best way to answer your question: there are women of different backgrounds in almost every org. While there are more demographics in some others, it doesn’t mean that there’s no inclusiveness overall. Your question is valid and no one should make you feel bad. But the statistical demographics are something you’d see not at just SJU but a ton of other universities too! :) have a good day

By: a real answer
#3  by: Hi   

To answer your question, girls don’t get “funneled” into dphi; just like any other org, the girls chose them and vice versa. As for the diversity in Greek life as a whole? Women of color haven’t been going through recruitment as much in the last couple of years. If anything this has been the most recent year I’ve seen so much diversity in awhile.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.