facebook

19f men's rush winners/losers

by: 20 male, happily GDI

For the most part the Greek hierarchy kept with its pattern of slow steady change this fall, rather than any sudden shifts. If you're reading this I imagine you're familiar with the system so I figured I'd add the take of what changed. Maybe you took an off term, maybe you're off now and want a handle on what's changed when you come back, maybe you're just a casual 23 observer.

The last few lists of house ranks have been pretty good so if that's what you're looking for then go find it there. In regards to sororities, I'm not as attuned to each house's rush process but it seemed like a stable year. Maybe the winter will add some more spice.

You'll notice more winners than losers; as the number of houses shrinks and the rush classes get more competitive, it's tough for the houses to not improve. Probably good for the houses but more stressful for sophomore guys.

Winners:

Alpha Chi - old AXA is dead and don't go looking for it anytime soon. If you wanted to go AXA this year and weren't in the small group of kids who were chased hard by the house, you had to have known and acted on it early. Shockingly competitive from start to finish, with a lot of 22's who might have fit old AXA's profile (DOC or musically inclined) disappointed by the end. More ragey than past years.

Chi Gam -- good group of kids, moving solidly up in people's perspectives. I think it'll become more than a freshman scene this year. The house took a few close friend groups which will be good for house cohesion.

Heorot - diversified a little this year which is a win for them. People who normally don't go there aren't about to start going, but they seemed happy with their class.

Sig Nu - big winner of the last weeks before Shakeout when good nice kids who'd been cut from AXA and Chi Gam were looking for a house. 22 class is much more Sig Ep than old Sig Nu. Among the traditional bottom three houses SN is by far the most likely to break out in the next few years.

SAE/SH - pulled together a good class at the last minute, despite bigger concerns about the future of the house than there were with the 21s.

Steady:

Psi U - nothing changed. Still top house, still going to have their haters.

Tri-Kap - picked up a lot of quieter kids who decided they wanted to rush late in the game.

Phi Delt - Nice kids as always. Chairs managed their rush process pretty tightly and seemed to have gotten the group who they wanted.

BG - doing their own thing. As a previous poster alluded, BGs frequently come into their own after they affiliate. Looking forward to seeing what its like in the spring.

GDX - nothing changed, not familiar with their rush process but I heard that they took a few non-football guys.

Beta - great class. Only minus is that they had way fewer people shake out than expected and now have a class that's 30% smaller than similar houses. They cornered the market on swimmers this year and got one of the best groups of narps, small as they are.

Losers:

TDX - solid class as always but a really mismanaged rush process led to a lot of good rugby kids and NARPs choosing to go elsewhere. 22 lacrosse guys seem nice and none of them bailed, but they were all in for TDX from the beginning. Still a top house but not a top year for them.

Zete - suspension isn't helping anyone. Maybe they can pull things together in the winter.

Posted By: 20 male, happily GDI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 21   

alpha chi is definitely a loser for the term, despite a strong 21 class, 22s are not lit at all. even chigams are wilder than them.

By: 21
#2  by: rip   

Heorot: loser

By: rip

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.