facebook

a few questions can anyone help?

by: SFSU Dreamer

So I am going to SFSU next year and am really excited to join a sorority but I have a few questions that are nagging me so if anyone could help that would greatly be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Are there sorority events every weekend because I want to go home every three weeks?

How much do sororities cost here specifically Alpha Phi?

When are fees due are they due at the end of the semester or right after you are recruited?\n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: SFSU Dreamer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

There's always something to do every weekend, but the majority of them are optional! Mandatory things (at least for my sorority) include philanthropies, retreats, and a few regional events like International Reunion Day.

Sororities vary in cost, it's hard to say, and it depends which badge and chapter guard you choose to buy.

Fees are due throughout the new member process, and once a month after that!

The fact that you mentioned a specific sorority before you're even here is a little troubling- trust me, you'll get the best experience out of Greek life if you go into recruitment with an open mind and choose which one feels like home to you, as opposed to basing your opinion off of what you've heard. Sororities vary hugely from chapter to chapter, just keep that in mind! I hope you go through recruitment and have fun :) Best wishes!

By: :)
#2  by: Ex-APhi   

There are definitely certain things that are mediatory such as philanthropies and retreats like the person mentioned before, as well as initiation and formal meetings. Even events that are said to be mediatory you can get out of as long as you notify them ahead of time.

Alpha phi is the most expensive sorority on campus. They tell you it is around $1,100 a year, all inclusive (covering retreats, formals+dates, socials etc.) but realistically you pay around like $1,500 when you buy a phi products like shirts, jackets, accessories, etc.

You can work out payment plans like monthly, end of the semester, or full year.

The person above is also right. Having your heart set on one specific sorority is very troubling. Most people who go into recruitment set on one sorority often end up in a different sorority after meeting the girls. From personal experience Aphi isn't what many girls believe it to be. I was somewhat disappointed after joining. Like most sororities, what you get out of the experience depends on how much you put in. Most of the girls who get a lot out of sfsu's a phi are the ones who try very hard, almost to the point where they become those stereotypical sorority girls. Aphi is very cliquey and does have its fair share of drama. The sisterhood isn't as strong as one would hope. I did end up dropping because of these reasons, plus some. Although those are not very positive things, I can say that I did become close with a few girls (probably like 10 of 150)

By: Ex-APhi
by: ChangirlApr 14, 2015 2:04:49 PM

Do u mean mediatory or mandatory

By: Changirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.