facebook

can i join a frat without drinking?

by: bm18

Whats up guys,
I am almost positive I am going to transfer into UK as a sophomore next semester, and I had a few questions. The reason I ask if there are any Frats that would be willing to accept me without drinking is because I have been diagnosed with PTSD after seeing some terrible things as a firefighter. I'd love to join a frat but when I get a little too much alcohol in me, I get wicked anxiety and panic attacks, and all my memories of seeing some terrible things on the job come back and haunt me. I am able to drink but I just cant get too drunk. The PTSD doesn't affect me in any other way, and i have no problem being around the drinking environment. Back in high school before any of the things happened, I used to be able to have a blast while drunk. If anyone could give me feedback, that would be amazing. Thanks!

Posted By: bm18
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sure!   

There are plenty of frats that have members that do not drink/ do not pressure you into drinking. For your sake I would steer clear of Kappa Sig, Delt, and SAE, but any other one would be great!

By: Sure!
#2  by: Lol   

Honestly if you dont want to drink I would suggest going beta

By: Lol
#3  by: Respect   

Yes, every fraternity has some guys who don't drink here. Some more than others. Not a big deal or deal breaker at all.

By: Respect
by: wellOct 24, 2015 2:29:07 PM

except some fraternities are going to haze you and make you chug ungodly amounts of beer sooo like the previous poster said I'd steer clear of some of the frats here

By: well
#4  by: Uk   

Hazing has been effectively wiped out from the administration whatever is left is something similar to what my 12 year old little brother does in football practice. Stop with the stupid frat culture the media pushes on everyone

By: Uk
by: .....Oct 29, 2015 3:14:40 AM

Not true. This is inaccurate

By: .....
by: lolNov 22, 2015 10:48:14 AM

you must not be close with any fraternity guys if you think this is true

By: lol
#5  by: check   

check out new SigEp and the Balanced Man Program

By: check

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.