facebook

a few questions about going greek

by: justwondering

How is the Greek life at the University of Kentucky? Is it big/ what is the ratio between Greeks and non-Greeks? How are the parties? Would it be beneficial to go Greek? If you are not Greek, is this school lame?

Posted By: justwondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: northern uk student   

being from ohio, i can honestly say UK is one of the best schools you can go to and is 100% an absolute blast.... that is if you are greek. If you are a girl, it doesn't matter as much and you can still have fun because you will be able to get into parties regardless. However if you are a male I would strongly advise rushing, because there isnt really a social life outside of the greek system. there is a wide variety of fraternities at uk, ones focusing on grades, ones focusing on partying, some on sports, there is virtually a fraternity out there for everyone, even ones that don't necessarily follow the greek stereotype. Keep an open mind during rush and see as many houses as you can, and by the end of the week have it down to one or two houses.

By: northern uk student
by: northern uk studentMay 8, 2014 7:45:22 AM

UK isnt like Ohio State, Ohio University, University of Cincinnati, or most schools in the big ten or north where there is a social life for males outside of greek life, if you want to go to parties and meet girls I highly suggest rushing

by: justwonderingMay 8, 2014 4:37:01 PM

I am supposed to be a junior according to my age but in school, I would be considered a sophomore. What would a fraternity think of me being older? Would I still have a chance to get bids?

By: justwondering
#2  by: northern uk student   

it really just depends. we will bid freshman and sophomores and once in a blue moon a junior. we typically shy away from juniors because theyre older often have a hard time being ordered around by the younger guys. if you are a sophomore credit wise I would just tell them you are a sophomore

#3  by: Guest   

Greek life at UK is nothing like it is at other large SEC schools. Actually, kind of boring. I transferred out after a year.

By: Guest
#4  by: What? No   

Thousands of people wouldn't go to this school if it sucked so bad. And for how many people on campus there are there are tons of parties. So if you can't find a party you like it's probably you, not UK. I love it here. It sucks not going Greek if you're out of state. It's hard meeting people sometimes.

By: What? No
#5  by: Guest   

It's fine. Nothing like other big SEC schools (UGA, Bama). If you want to get involved, go greek.

By: Guest
by: J May 29, 2014 1:34:12 PM

True....UK doesn't really fell like an SEC school

By: J
#6  by: yea   

I agree with above, its a weird vibe and overall disappointing school regardless of if youre greek or not

By: yea

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.