facebook

gpa

by: gpa

i am a legacy in one house and have recs for at least 4 other but my high school gpa is a 2.98. i have over 100 hours of community service and my gap is lower because i lost a family member my freshman year. your telling me after all of that they still won't overlook a gpa that is 0.02 grade points away from their standards?

Posted By: gpa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GOGREEK   

you'll be fine! Just rush!!

By: GOGREEK
#2  by: UK   

You are totally fine! Explain as you go through recruitment you had a difficult year and your grades might have suffered a little. The girls will definitely understand things happen!

By: UK
#3  by: sorry   

The gpa requirement is in each chapters bylaws and they aren't allowed to change it. I know it sucks but I don't think they can make exceptions

By: sorry
#4  by: yeah..   

Uh...yeah. A requirement is a requirement. If you are trying to get into a chapter with a high minimum GPA to pledge, then yes, they likely will cut you because of that. Just because you are a legacy doesn't necessarily guarantee you membership in a chapter. They might carry you past the open house round because of being a legacy, but I would imagine beyond that you have to stand on your own merit.

Wouldn't you rather know about that going in than show up and be devastated when you are cut? I know I would.

By: yeah..
#5  by: HotCat   

Chapters are allowed to take you as a "grade risk" if you are everything they want. but you would be on probation.

By: HotCat
#6  by: DONT WORRY   

Make sure you tell your gamma chi that you lost a family member and your grades took a toll because of it. She will tell you what to say when you go to houses on open house. Many sororities overlook that if they know your grades are due to something happening in your life especially if they really like you

By: DONT WORRY
#7  by: pen   

In a lot of sororities it doesn't matter if you're a legacy, because they will cut you because of your GPA. My best advice is to wait until spring semester or sophomore year of college to rush because then it goes off of your college gpa.

By: pen
#8  by: yeah   

I would wait... honestly being a legacy isnt that great just because there are so many legacies for each chapter now. We have a lot to choose from

By: yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.