facebook

greek life here is a joke...

by: Brad110

I'm sorry but I always hear how greek life on the east coast is weak...this school proves it. This schools greek life and parties are a joke compared to Miami University. You all here are try-hards and will never get the frat life!!!

Posted By: Brad110
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Agreed   

You are 200% correct. Greek Life in the Northeast is crap and NJ is one of the worst. At least NY has Syracuse, Cornell, Colgate, RPI which are pretty decent, but NJ only has Rutgers, which is really not saying much. That is why many Northeast Students apply to the Southern schools like Georgia, Florida, FSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, etc. and Midwest Schools like Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State, Purdue, Mizzou, Penn State, etc.

By: Agreed
#2  by: IFC   

Those schools you mentioned above all have Greek Row with beautiful colonial-Georgian style mansions. Rutgers greek life could NEVER compete with them. However, in all honesty, Rutgers does have a great greek life in the NJ, because other state and private schools in NJ just don't compare. And that is a fact.

By: IFC
#3  by: Brad110   

Rutgers Greek Life has a better chance of meeting Jesus if they expect to change for the better. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! Let's face it Rutgers Greek life will always be bottom tier compared to Greek life at schools in the Big 10, ACC and SEC conferences.

By: Brad110
by: IFCJun 28, 2014 7:16:50 PM

Again, Rutgers greek life will never be able to compete with the big boys of the SEC, Big 10 and ACC, but we still are the better greek life school in NJ. At least some fraternities and sororities are able to have lettered houses. Greek life at the other NJ schools are not allowed to have greek houses. Some of them only have tables and banners setup in their Student Center (referred to as "Greek Lounge") and some don't have nothing. So what good is it the even have greek life at those schools.

#4  by: OK   

Here is a breakdown of the Greek life in NJ.....

Top: Rutgers-New Brunswick

Lower Top: Stevens, NJIT

Middle: Ramapo, TCNJ, Montclair State

Lower Middle: William Paterson, Monmouth, Rowan

Bottom: Rider, Seton Hall, FDU-Madison, Richard Stockton, Rutgers-Camden

Lower Bottom: FDU-Teaneck, Princeton, Kean, NJ City University, Rutgers-Newark

This should give you a clear understanding now.\n\n\n\n\n

By: OK
by: ...Jul 1, 2014 1:35:21 AM

some of the schools you listed don't even have greek life

By: ...
by: IFC Jul 1, 2014 8:47:35 PM

I believe most of them do. The schools listed as Lower Bottom all have all Multicultural greeks and some NHPC greeks. They may have 1 or 2 NIC and NPC greeks as well. Princeton does have greek life, but is not recognized by the school. They mostly operate underground. The schools listed from Middle to Bottom all do have greek life, but not really big and not that well known. In really, the only schools that matter are Rutgers-New Brunswick being the top dog followed by Stevens and NJIT as a close second.

by: IFC Jul 1, 2014 8:53:37 PM

I believe most of them do have greek life. The schools listed as Lower Bottom all have Multicultural and NHPC greeks. They may have 1 or 2 NIC and NPC greeks as well. Princeton does have greek life, but it is not recognized by the school. They operate mostly underground. (so why even have them). As for the schools listed from Middle to Bottom, they do have greek life but they are not that big and not that well known. All in all, the only real greek life that matters are Rutgers-New Brunswick being # 1 followed by Stevens and NJIT in close second.

by: GmenJul 4, 2014 3:28:14 PM

Yes, Rutgers (NB) Greeks are definitely on top and I would agree that Stevens and NJIT are close behind. All the rest of the schools are irrelevant.

By: Gmen
#5  by: Greek God   

I would say that is a very accurate ranking of Greek life in the NJ Schools.

By: Greek God
#6  by: lol   

You sound bitter. Sorry you have to live in Ohio....

By: lol
by: Brad110Jul 12, 2014 5:05:52 AM

Sorry your a Geed and never wen through pledging...maybe if your weren't a communist you would get the American way

By: Brad110

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.