facebook

relevant fraternities, needs order

by: wtf

Ok listen up people, this is a list IN NO ORDER of relevant fraternities at Rutgers that are active, involved on campus even somewhat, decent brotherhood, and have parties. Someone should try and take the list and put an order to it. This is mostly a middle tier to high tier obviously some middle tiers are left out but I find the ones I put in have the most relevance out of the middle tier.

Alpha Sig, Chi Psi, Delta Chi, DKE, DU, Kappa Sig, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Psi, Skull, Pike, SAE, Sammy, Sigma Chi, Sig Ep, TDX, Theta Chi
(ZBT and Zeta are questionable - ZBT(no process), Zeta (not recognized) so i'll leave those 2 out for now.

Posted By: wtf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wtf   

all other fraternities are really small and don't do really anything on campus or social (known parties)

By: wtf
by: dokeFeb 19, 2014 5:03:30 AM

Rankings within a tier are debatable. Just my opinion. Omitted fraternities that I don't think matter.

TDX(obvious)

Upper Middle
Sigma Chi(going downhill)
Theta Chi(probation, no pledges, no parties)
Middle Middle
Chi Psi (improve socially to move up)
SigEp (lots of parties, moving up fast)
Pike (girls love them, try not to get kicked off campus)

Lower Middle
DKE (moving up fast, let the weirdos graduate)
Skull (still hanging in there)
Phi Psi (not really going up or down, average)

Bottom
Alpha Sig, DU, Kappa Sig, Phi Delta Theta, SAE, ZBT (we'll see what happens after they move into the new house)

By: doke
by: lolFeb 19, 2014 8:20:37 AM

^^^spot on

By: lol
by: wtfFeb 19, 2014 11:09:43 AM

I like these rankings. this is much closer than the actual ranking system right now

By: wtf
#2  by: beans   

I respect all greek organizations, but the 5 that have the biggest influence (parties, Keller, philanthropy, etc.) on Rutgers is no doubt these:

1. TDX
2. Sig Chi
3. SigEp
4. Skull
5. Chi Psi

By: beans
#3  by: lol   

you need hobbies bro

By: lol
by: yupFeb 23, 2014 5:29:43 PM

agreed

By: yup
by: NOT BIASEDFeb 24, 2014 2:12:27 AM

Spoken like a true member of greek life. Well done man you embody all that is good here at Rutgers. Keep up the good job!

By: NOT BIASED
#4  by: Quesion....   

What about the following that are not mentioned....
Alpha Chi Rho
Alpha Kappa Lambda- Are still active?
FIJI- Are they even on campus?
Phi Kappa Tau
Kappa Delta Rho
Sigma Pi
Pi Kappa Phi
Alpha Phi Delta
Tau Delta Phi-Are they still active?

By: Quesion....
by: NOT BIASEDFeb 24, 2014 3:09:38 AM

Alpha Chi Rho - Middle Bottom
AKL - nearly non existent
FIJI - no longer has a strong presence on campus
Phi Kappa Tau - Middle Bottom
Kappa Delta Rho - no real relevance
Sigma Pi - Middle to Middle Bottom
Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) - Middle
Alpha Phi Delta - no strong presence on campus
Tau Delta Phi - have never heard of

Just my experience and opinion. Judge them yourself by meeting them.

By: NOT BIASED
by: yeabutFeb 26, 2014 10:25:21 PM

Pike was mentioned already but none of these other fraternities really have an impact on greek life. They are very small fraternities that aren't that involved nor have houses that they use to their potentials.

By: yeabut
by: ??? Mar 10, 2014 7:56:54 PM

Actually it was suppose to be Pi Kappa Phi, not Pike. So I guess the rest of the fraternities mention are useless to the RU Greek Community.

By: ???
by: ????Mar 12, 2014 12:40:10 AM

Fraternities unmentioned arent necessarily USELESS.. they're just overall irrelevant, as harsh as that sounds. Either social sucks, philanthropy is crappy, have horrible keller teams, or just don't have enough brothers to make an impact at Rutgers.
NOTE: I did not mention any cultural interest or special interest organizations. These are on a completely different playing field.

By: ????
#5  by: the hamma   

yooo lemme drop a hamma on this thread. Alpha Sig is the best frat out. feh meh? nahhhh

By: the hamma
#6  by: Darius   

I disagree with putting non-lettered houses like Pike and Sig Ep so high. They are still nobodies. These are my rankings.

1. TDX
Best fraternity on campus. Great parties, great sorority relations, great athletics. They have the whole package.

2. Skull
Also great involvement. Good at Keller, good parties, and a lot of campus involvement.

3. Sigma Chi
Good, but their parties are lacking and their house is in a terrible location. They still excel at the things they do and are one of the best fraternities on campus ie Derby Days.

4. DKE
New, but they are making a serious push. They have the best house on campus and are recruiting well. Once the weirdos graduate they will be competing for the top spot.

5. Phi Psi
Also pretty new, but have made a name for themselves. They throw good parties and recruit well. Their house will prevent them from passing the top 5 though.

Note: Theta Chi to me is number 2, but theyre not relevant until they get off Social Probo.

By: Darius

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.