facebook

is most of sorority recruitment dirty rushing/pointless?

by: help

I want to rush this spring but I’m a jr who knows almost nobody in the community. people keep telling me that most of the sororities already know who they’re going to give a bid to wayyy before recruitment. is this true? I sorta get that vibe from ZTA, Phi Sig, SDT, gphi, Phi Mu, and even AXO tbh. It seems like they’re all friends already and either have known each other or they want girls that everyone knows already. Is this true or is this not how it works at all? Is there any point to actually going through with recruitment?

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

You’re tweaking. Only a handful of girls are already picked out by them.

By: Lol
#2  by: Hm   

Still rush, i think youll be surprised

By: Hm
#3  by: truth   

Even if they have a list going into it, girls can surprise them in good or bad way and make it onto or get kicked off list as they go. Rush and find out yourself

By: truth
#4  by: try it   

going to events and having the sisters know who you are or know more about you definitely helps bump you up a little but thats because that shows genuine effort and interest. Having people vouch for you obviously helps but that isn’t the ONLY way to get a bid somewhere. Doesn’t hurt to try, just trust the process and go where you feel the most at home!

By: try it
#5  by: Guessing   

I think all sororities have an idea of who they want it’s just the system but doesn’t mean it’s a final list you’ll be fine... I’d say the for sure ones who do this are zeta and phi sig the rest probably just have an idea

By: Guessing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.