facebook

how much

by: wsu

Hopefully this isn't asking too much but I was wondering how much dues are? I looked at the tumblr and everything looks so expensive. I heard it's cheaper living in a house then in the dorms. I really want to join but I don't want to screw myself financially.

Posted By: wsu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

So, it is great you are thinking honestly about this question. But, comparing the greek experience to the dorms is just not the right way to think about it. If living in the dorms versus a house is the main issue for you, then maybe you are just thinking about greek life as a way to find a place to live. If that is the case, then don't do it. When you join there are a lot of demands on your time for so many activities. Perhaps you wouldn't like it. The "cost" is really what you will spend over and above what you are going to generally spend to live somewhere regardless of wether you are greek or not. Do you want to participate in the events involved in greek life? Do you mind purchasing lots of t-shirts? Or, would you rather pay out of pocket for all the other activities you will do otherwise as a dorm resident? In truth, you are going to spend money as a typical college student. You might spend a little more being greek because there are likely more activities and maybe better shirts. If you are a girl, then you are going to get to drink free a lot. So, that's a benefit.

Bottom line though ... If you are in a precarious financial situation and can barely afford college as it is, then you can't afford greek life. You will always be freaking out about the cost of things rather than enjoying them. Go freak out somewhere else.

By: truth
#2  by: ^   

This comment was extremely rude you may feel like your trying to help but your dissing someone because of the financial situation they have.
Most houses let you get payment plans just make sure you have a side job of some sort that allows you to have extra spending money and youll be fine.
Greek is for everyone not just people with money.
The person who first commented is a jerk who probably isn't even in the Greek system.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.