facebook

transferring fraternity rush questions

by: JucoLoser

Hey so I know these questions have been asked and answered repeatedly on here but here they are.

1, Transferring for next Fall from Junior College, is there an average GPA cutoff for Fraternity's? I saw somewhere on here someone say they will go as low as 2.0, but the IFC site states its a 2.8 cutoff for transfers.

2,I would really like to live in house for the Fall so I would much rather receive a bid over the Summer, is Summer Recruitment very big/active?

3, Other then just be yourself what are some tips for when first meeting actives at an event. Is there anything in particular you look for when meeting a rushee?

4, How exactly is the Rush process whether its formal or informal. Is it basically you go to the events and talk to actives to find out more and make impressions then your either contacted again if your made a good impression, or not contacted and your supposed to "get the hint"

5, This is a rather feminine question so sorry, but for clothing what are you thoughts. For example, if I normally dress preppy and wear polo's with khakis and sperrys, will I be overlooked because I look like i'm being a try hard? Even if it is just how I am.

Thank you in advance for all who take the time to read through and answer these boring questions

Posted By: JucoLoser
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: alvinC   

I don't know what the cutoff is per chapter, but I know the IFC says its 2.8 for transferring.

By: alvinC

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.