facebook

recruitment

by: Go Cougs, Go Greek!

So I have been through 2 days of formal recruitment before, but I ended up dropping because it was super stressful and I was scared. Plus my horrible gap didn't help. But now I have a 3.3+ and want to go through formal again, but I'm nervous. I really want to show the chapters who I am and be able to easily find the right fit for me :) any suggestions as to ways to do so? Plus any outfit advice? Please and thank you!

Posted By: Go Cougs, Go Greek!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greekluv   

Congrats on boosting your GPA (that'll help tons!) and don't be scared! Honestly the only way you'll be able to find the perfect fit for you is to be yourself and THINK for yourself. Do not let what ratings or gossip on this site or what people say sway your decision. Each and every house has positives and negatives... nothing is perfect.. you just need to find the right house you can see yourself being apart of and a sisterhood you think is genuine. That is the most important and can't stress that enough. Recruitment at WSU is pretty laid back. When I went through and even still I think of each day as interviews and each day gets progressively dressier. Don't get a whole new wardrobe or try to get things you think others will like just dress your style but make sure it's presentable! I'd suggest in statement pieces because they're great conversation starters and a good way to have someone remember you. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and stray from the typical "major... year... what'd you do this summer.. yadda yadda." They say don't mention the three B's: booze, bible, and boys.. which listen to to an extent but if you really have a question that's regarding something social or you "enjoy going to church are there other women in the house that go as well?" don't be afraid to ask. Values are key (and which Pan stresses) so remember those. That's the best I can offer and I think if you really follow those tips you will have no problem finding a chapter for you! (:

By: Greekluv

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.