facebook

this year's ffr

by: PNM 16

I heard last year there was an overwhelming amount of girls rushing? Is this true? What is the amount looking like this year and how will that effect bids?

Posted By: PNM 16
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: fo real   

update on the estimate?

By: fo real
#2  by: Hi   

Last year they had around 800 and this year it's looking like double that or even up to 2,000.
Not sure how that will effect bids but houses can only take so many because girls move in right away and I believe Panhellenic quotas is around 40-45jsh for PC 16

By: Hi
by: PNM 16Aug 24, 2016 11:37:57 AM

Omg I'm scared now :(

By: PNM 16
by: Lol noAug 25, 2016 3:29:37 AM

Yeah that's not true, there are less than 700 girls signed up at the moment lol

By: Lol no
#3  by: ???   

I signed up recently and I'm in the 600's so that might not be tru

By: ???
#4  by: UW   

Unfortunately, the amount of girls rushing does affect your own personal chances, that's just how it is. Whoever said Panhellenic quota increases in incorrect, most houses physically cannot hold a PC 16 of over 40, and on average I would say they can only hold around 30-35 new members anyway.

18 houses (not including aephi) X 35 = 630

PC 15 had a little over 1,000 PNMs, and yes I have heard that there are more this year than last. Your number when you sign up doesn't have anything to do with how many have signed up, it's based on something else I can't remember...

Say there's going to be 1,250 this year, that gives PNMs a 50% chance of bidding a house.

NOW with all that being said, a good 20% of girls decide rushing isn't for them throughout the week and personally choose to drop.

The other 30% usually don't have their heart in it, didnt give it their all, didn't prepare correctly/ were not ready for what they were in for etcetera. To prepare, obviously just read up a bit about what recruitment week is like, what to wear, each day's schedule, ect... Also create some talking points, your interests/stories/questions. NEVER speak about partying, drinking/smoking, any fraternities experiences / frat guys you know of, just avoid speaking about boys and booze completely. They want to know about you and what your contribution to a true sisterhood would be.

By: UW
by: LolAug 30, 2016 11:17:58 AM

Yeah, that's also not true. don't listen to this.

By: Lol
#5  by: omg   

Don't listen to what people are posting on this site. There are so many inaccuracies in this post it's actually scary. Call the Panhellenic office if you're worried and you want answers.

By: omg
#6  by: lol   

I think it recently hit 700

By: lol
#7  by: Update    

Does anyone know what the number looks like now?

By: Update
#8  by: RECRUITMENT CHAIR   

The number is right under 800, which is 35 less than last year. Itll be fine. Your chances wont change much from last year.

By: RECRUITMENT CHAIR
by: ???Sep 3, 2016 10:42:07 PM

Does that mean there is a high chance of one not getting a bid

By: ???
#9  by: Uw   

Not at all! Honestly chances of not getting a bit don't differ based on numbers of people signed up. That was never something I was worried about.

By: Uw
#10  by: 123   

The amount of girls rushing last year was over 800 and I heard its a little bit under 800 as of now signed up. But girls can still sign up on the day of the start of recruitment so that number can change.

By: 123

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.