facebook

transfer rushing...

by: Ukegirl

Okay, so extended question: I'm transferring in this fall. However, I'm transferring to an online program. I will be a junior. HOWEVER, I will still have grad/law school still after my undergrad program and will thusly be at UW longer than just 2 more years. SO, Here's the question:

I signed up for FFR and I really do want to rush... how often are incoming junior transfers bid in during FFR? ALSO: I already live in an apartment and don't plan on moving out of it. Will this be a problem at all?

Thanks Y'all!

Posted By: Ukegirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go dawgs   

It's not super common that juniors get bid but it does happen. Also most houses require you live in the house at least your first two years so it's likely that if you got a bid you'd have to give up your apartment

By: Go dawgs
#2  by: uhh   

Yeah there's literally no point in rushing, you're late to the game and just an unusual candidate so unless you look like kate upton you will be dropped the first round by every house

By: uhh
#3  by: ay   

dont give up cuz ur a junior its a lil harder but you'll find a house

By: ay
#4  by: truth   

I know a few girls who joined houses as juniors but all of them joined bottom tier houses. If you aren't picky you'll get a bid. Don't expect to join top tier houses and also you will be asked why you were a transfer instead of freshman admit, where you came from, etc.

And yes you'll probably have to give up your apartment. Your situation sounds a little weird as an online student but I think to be in a panhel house the only requirement is to be a full-time student at UW

By: truth
#5  by: truth   

Oh yeah and don't come out and say you're a transfer during FFR. Just act like any other freshman who is there. Only reveal that you're older if they ask. They won't know otherwise.

By: truth
by: MmmAug 2, 2016 2:26:49 AM

Not 100% true depending on the houses rush process.

By: Mmm
#6  by: Okay   

It's harder but you'll get in some where if you don't suck as a person

By: Okay

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.