facebook

utd

by: The Delts

One of the biggest phenomena in greek life here is the collective hatred of the Delts, not just in the fraternities but the sororities too. Some of the stuff my sisters say about the Delts they would never dare speak to any of the other chapters. Can anyone explain why this is? I'm just curious don't skewer me for asking the question.

Posted By: The Delts
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UTD   

Ugh I meant for the subject to be The Delts and my name to be UTD. My bad.

By: UTD
#2  by: Lol   

I'll take a stab at it:

The Delts are disliked for reasons both fair and unfair. In the unfair category the Delts are reasonably athletic, close to Theta which rubs some people the wrong way, and successful at raising Philanthropy money. They also had a much easier start on campus than FIJI or Pikapp who both ran into problems in their early days. One could say that some people envy them on the down low, and people in all of our chapters are guilty of envying each other.

In the fair (or negative) category, several Delts can be incredibly pompous for no reason as if they forget that they're in a UTD fraternity. The Delts have their downsides (poor parties, plenty of weirdos to contrast with the jocks) and they seem to be blissfully unaware of that. Especially in their early days, there was a sense that a lot of their alpha class wouldn't have gotten bids anywhere else which contributed to the negativity. Whether true or not they've been accused of ratting on other fraternity's parties. Finally, there's always accusations that they tell PNMs if they check out other fraternities they won't get bids. If it's true it doesn't seem to be helping Delt out they don't get very large fall classes.

Hope this helped.\n\n\n\n\n

By: Lol
#3  by: Yo   

It's because that idiot Danny in FSL is/was a delt and rushes to their aid and jerks them off trying to make them top house.

By: Yo
#4  by: Boman   

Really evryone I know has a pure hatred for chi phi's

By: Boman
by: curiousOct 31, 2016 9:48:17 PM

speaking of chi phi did they not have their goes to hell party this year?

By: curious
#5  by: utdamn   

I don't think this is necessarily true at all. A lot of my friends in Theta and AGD are at Delt parties/hang out with the Delts frequently. They don't seem to hang out with Tri Delt/DZ a lot but I don't sense a ton of animosity - maybe the most from DZ but I'm unsure why. I think if there is any issue with the sororities it's because initially Delt and Theta always hung out and the other sororities felt a little ignored, but that seems to have gotten better.

By: utdamn
#6  by: Lol   

I like how someone has bumped this topic up closer to rush. Dear Delts, you were better off letting this topic die. Now more people will know that no one takes you seriously.

By: Lol
#7  by: Junior   

At least from a fraternity man's standpoint, a lot of us don't like the delts because they are so excluded from the rest of Greek life. They never really branch out and hang out with anyone outside of their fraternity.

Likewise, last fall the delts snitched on Pi Kapp which caused them to be put on a semester long social probation. This is a fact, and you can ask any Pi Kapp member. this was the only instance that they for sure snitched on another group's party. There were rumors that they were the ones that called the cops on SAE which caused their chapter to pretty much get purged by nationals.

By: Junior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.