facebook

recs

by: pnm

I know it is mandatory for most of the sororities to have at least 1 rec. If you are having trouble finding them for certain ones, does that mean they will automatically drop you the first day, even if they end up liking you during recruitment?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

IF they REALLY want you they won't drop you but very few girls are in that position so get the recs, it is very competitive. Reach out to everyone and anyone you know. I don't know where you are from but reach out to alumni chapters and ask for their help. Most are very kind and willing to help.

By: .
#2  by: pnm   

Thank you!!

By: pnm
#3  by: tip   

Definitely try your hardest to get rec letters for all the houses; it helps you stand out to them among the 1000+ other girls that will be going through rush. I wouldn't be insanely stressed if you can't at all find a rec letter for a certain house though. There were three houses I didn't have recs for when I rushed, and I was invited back to all three of them the next day. One of those sororities is actually my sorority now.

By: tip
#4  by: .   

go on UTK sorority website and the ones that REQUIRE recs will say so. Others say it is "recommended". My advice, get one for every house. It is very competitive and you are dealing with legacy girls, girls that already have connections, etc. Cuts have to start somewhere and the easiest place to start is GPA and no recs.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.