facebook

out of state

by: Rush

Is it hard to get a bid from tri delt, KD or phi mu if you are out of state?

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

You don't even know if you truly like these houses...... I

By: ..
#2  by: KD    

had some major issues this year with recruitment, so I seriously doubt it.

By: KD
#3  by: OOS   

I was from OOS and found DZ, AXO, DG and SK to be the most welcoming!! I dropped recruitment because of band though :/. DZ and AXO have been known to be some of the best houses, since they are diverse and take OOS house.DG and SK are like a well kept secret, not "top" but who cares, love them!!

By: OOS
#4  by: Those   

houses recruit almost entirely from TN, and usually from the same areas every year. Don't get me wrong, almost every house takes OOS girls, some are just way more likely to than others. My suggestion is to see where you fit in the best and go with your gut! There are plenty of other houses that are just as good and more welcoming to OOS girls, like DZ and AXO.

By: Those
#5  by: Another   

house who takes a lot of OOS girls is KKG. Be careful with your mindset. The houses you mentioned recruit from target areas in TN. That's not to say they don't take OOS girls, but they already have their cliques because they all went to HS together. Sometimes the OOS girls in houses like that may feel like an outsider.

By: Another
by: exactly!Mar 20, 2015 5:57:54 PM

I'm from OOS and joined a house I thought I would like and ended up dropping because I didn't connect with most of the other girls, who already knew each other from high school. Go in with an open mind but maybe remember that having other OOS sisters you can relate to with homesickness and staying in Knoxville for the weekend when everyone from TN goes home can really help you feel more at home.

By: exactly!
#6  by: yes   

it is insanely hard to get a big from one of those houses if you're from out of state. I would know because Im an out of stater myself. Don't take it personally.. those houses miss out. Go with wherever you feel is right. Some houses are moving up because they take amazing OOS girls they are often over looked

By: yes
#7  by: OOS   

I was out of state this year and i had no problem finding a home in one of these mentioned! It's all about where you feel at home and if they feel it too.

By: OOS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.