facebook

sophomore pnm

by: Letters of Rec

Hey everyone! So I'll be a sophomore in the fall and plan on rushing. I had a few questions about letters of recommendation. Do sororities only take letters from alum of that particular sorority? Do family (non legacy like cousins and aunts) letters help or hurt? Will not having a letter from an alum of that sorority get you cut? Thanks!

Posted By: Letters of Rec
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well....   

most houses state they require at least one letter of recommendation. And yes, it must be a letter from an alum of that particular sorority. The letter of rec can come from anyone you know that is an alum (family or friend). If you don't know anyone, I would suggest reaching out to your local chapter or a chapter at some other school near you. Will not having a letter get you cut? Yes it can, it is a way to weed girls especially in a very competitive environment like rushing at an SEC school. However, we all know that if a house REALLY wants a girl, not having a letter of rec isn't gonna get that girl cut, but I would say most girls aren't in that kind of sought after position. If I were you, I'd get as many recs for as many houses that you can. And don't wait til the last minute to do it.

By: well....
#2  by: OOS   

Any letters help. The more you can get the better, trust me!

By: OOS
#3  by: Sophomore   

Hi! I'm trying to learn more about rush, as I think I want to run next year as a sophomore. I can't make it to the preview this coming weekend because I already have family plans and learned about it too late, will that hurt me? I will have rec letters, but I don't really know anyone involved on campus who is in a sorority. Also, how do I sign up for recruitment in the fall? Will it be harder for me to get a bid as a sophomore? Thanks for all your help!

By: Sophomore
by: NoMar 26, 2015 12:22:47 AM

it won't hurt you if you don't attend pan preview. Just send in your recs, its ok that you don't know someone already on campus. Knowing someone helps but it isn't necessary. Go to the UT Website and go to Greek life and you can register for fall rush there. It may not be up yet if not just keep checking.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.