facebook

greek life

by: Transfer

I plan on transferring here in the fall from another school where I'm already in a sorority. I plan to affiliate here (assuming I'm accepted) and I'm just curious about Greek life here. My sorority's chapter here isn't considered great but honestly I really don't care as long as I'm welcomed and feel at home. I was wondering though if people are standoffish about your letters here. Do good fraternities even give lower house sororities the time of day? I want to be able to meet Greeks from every "level" and don't want to be looked down on. Again, either way I will be Greek but what's the atmosphere here? How often do frats and sororities swap or have exchanges? Anything info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hey   

How do you know your chapter isn't great here? By looking at other people's posts on this site? This site isn't a reflection on what Greek life is like at Utk, it's more wrong than right. Come to Knoxville to get a true impression. Yeah there are some people who will judge you on your letters. Some won't. Some don't even wear their letters so you can't judge them. Everyone mixes with each other and most people don't care as long as you're a solid individual and not socially awk.

By: Hey
#2  by: .   

I agree with the other poster. Don't worry about it. I talk to girls in all different sororities. I am living with 3 girls next year that aren't even in my sorority. We can all be friends and co-exist. All the houses have great and not-so-great girls. As far as the frat guys, its been my experience that they couldn't care less what sorority a girl is in. If they find you attractive or nice and fun they do not care what sorority you are in. That's been my experience at UT so far. If someone is that superficial that they have formed an opinion of you based on your letters then that is a person you don't want to know anyway. I would hope everyone gets to know someone before forming an opinion of them.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.