facebook

rush

by: Non Greek

I went through recruitment last year and pledged a top house but dropped for financial reasons. This was my impression of each house based on the rounds that I talked to them (listed alphabetically).

AXO - didn't make eye contact with me for the entirety of any of our conversations, seemed nice but not anything exciting
ADPi - I talked to an older girl and a younger girl together and they really didn't seem to like each other AT ALL so it was awkward, one round all they talked about was drinking and hooking up with random guys
AOPi - their president was so, so nice! They made me feel welcome but some of them seemed stuck up
Chi O - they were nice but there wasn't anything all that special about them. You can tell they really relied on the few years that owls were super trendy to get their pledge classes
Tri Delt - I've never met a mean Tri Delt. They weren't as pretty as everyone told me they would be but that's ok. They were really peppy.
DG - I got the impression they used to be really good like several years ago and are still coasting on that? I'm not sure. They acted like they were surprised recruitment was happening...really unprepared.
DZ - The most awkward house I went to. Like I said, this is just my experience but the girl I talked to told me she was hungover and that someone had just had their period all over one of their chairs
KD - they weren't mean, per se, but they definitely weren't welcoming. Side note, my roommate went KD and dropped because after she was

Posted By: Non Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: Really   

Are you sure you were in a sorority at the University of Tennessee? Hardly any of the descriptions you gave describe my recruitment experience or describe what each of the houses is known for. If your experience was that bad why did you pledge any house?

By: Really
by: AgreedJul 21, 2014 12:22:26 AM

most of this seems made up... like the comment about Phi Mu. I don't care who you are, most everyone has enough sense to not ask someone if they are poor and then go on to say poor people make them uncomfortable. Blatant lies.

By: Agreed
by: ActuallyJul 21, 2014 8:02:36 AM

I promise you that is true. Like, hand to God, someone said that to me during recruitment.

By: Actually
#12  by: Why?   

Why did you pledge if you knew you couldn't afford it? The fees are posted on the Panhellenic website and all chapters furnish that info up front. Sounds like you are bitter because other girls can afford to join and you couldn't.

By: Why?
#13  by: Well then   

How was kappa not what they said they were?

By: Well then
by: SeriouslyJul 22, 2014 7:36:51 PM

What exactly does that mean?

By: Seriously
#14  by: you   

Can tell a tridelt or aopi wrote this...lol.

By: you
#15  by: you   

Can tell a tridelt or aopi wrote this...lol.

By: you
#16  by: From an AOII   

Being an AOII, there are no girls who rushed this past year who ended up dropping. So sorry, but not us.

By: From an AOII
by: ThatJul 25, 2014 12:13:57 PM

is a downright lie. I dropped you, so stop. Every house has people who dropped them. You just now proved you LIVE on this site. No wonder people call you stuck up. Believe it or not, people drop you...lol.

By: That
by: OhJul 25, 2014 12:15:41 PM

never mind...I thought you meant drop during recruitment. I apologize.

By: Oh
by: To "that"Jul 25, 2014 2:16:23 PM

you are really dumb... she is talking about no one that PLEDGED AOPI dropped. Obviously people dropped it during recruitment... but she is saying if the posters claims are true, it can't be an AOPi because no one in their pledge class dropped. You made yourself look silly by not reading that correctly and jumping to conclusions. Oops.

By: To "that"
by: PreachJul 25, 2014 2:55:39 PM

it, sister...lol. LOVE the fact that an AOPI admitted being on this site. I wondered why they always got such glowing ranks and reviews. They seem to think they belong in KD's spot...lol.

By: Preach
by: THEYJul 25, 2014 4:01:03 PM

seriously live on this site trying to take KD's spot!!! It is sooooo comical and creepy.

By: THEY
by: whoeverJul 25, 2014 4:31:58 PM

writes nancy drew in every freaking post.... looks like you live on this site too because your posts are everywhere so y u hatin

By: whoever
#17  by: i   

love when people make fun of others for "living on greek rank" but if they are posting that then they are on it too........ ya feel

By: i
by: ThisJul 25, 2014 4:39:02 PM

is freakin' hilarious. Even though AOPI wasn't very crafty at hiding the fact they wrote it.

By: This
by: Well,Jul 25, 2014 4:41:30 PM

at least we know how they feel about everybody...haha.

By: Well,
by: TellJul 25, 2014 6:05:56 PM

us how you really feel, AOPI...lol.

By: Tell
by: sure thangJul 25, 2014 7:31:42 PM

kappa deezy

By: sure thang
by: orJul 25, 2014 7:32:46 PM

zeta t'alphy

By: or
by: deltaJul 25, 2014 7:33:05 PM

zeeta

By: delta
#18  by: You   

can tell AOPI particularly hates ADPI, KD, PhiMu, DZ, and ZTA. Well, just so you know AOPI was the "worst" experience of my rush experience. And like anyone believes a PhiMu asked if you were poor. That's the dumbest thing you could possibly make up. And just how could you tell the ADPI's hated each other? That's a stupid thing to say too.

By: You
by: TheyJul 25, 2014 8:21:22 PM

must feel threatened by them. Seriously, PhiMu or anybody for that matter, would ask if you were poor.

By: They
by: IJul 25, 2014 8:48:21 PM

like the way her roommate just happened to be a KD who dropped...lol.

By: I
by: ^^^ HAHAJul 25, 2014 9:44:58 PM

nice touch.

By: ^^^ HAHA
#19  by: this   

is why people say AOPI is so stuck up.

By: this
by: IJul 25, 2014 10:13:53 PM

agree.

By: I
#20  by: hahaha   

do people really think an aopi would post saying she is an aopi????

By: hahaha
by: YesJul 26, 2014 6:31:09 AM

Nobody else would say, "I can tell you I am an AOPI, and nobody dropped us last year." This proved that an AOPI has been stalking this site.

By: Yes
by: YepJul 26, 2014 9:14:22 AM

I do. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.