facebook

gogreek

by: Philanthropy Rank

Here is a ranking of sororities based on dollar amount donated to philanthropy last year and then also community service ours.

Dollar amount donated to philanthropy:

TRI DELT: 113,092.50
SIGMA KAPPA: 34,470
AXO: 26,000
AOPI: 16,500
KKG: 15, 209.10
DZ: 12,275.67
PHI MU: 11,792
CHI O: 11,700
DG: 10,700
ZTA: 8,825
ADPI: 6,414
PI PHI: 2,921.88
KD: 2,000

Community service hours completed:

ADPI: 6,565
DZ: 5,876 (from 2012)
PHI MU: 5,501
SIGMA KAPPA: 4,931.5
TRI DELT: 4,741
AOPI: 4,300
PI PHI: 2,623
KKG: 2,221.5
DG: 1,800
ZTA: 1,755
AXO: 1,600
KD: 1,600
CHI O: 1,000

(for some reason DZ does not have record of last years community service hours so I used 2012)

Posted By: Philanthropy Rank
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Just saying   

This is ONLY for Spring 2013, NOT the entire year. Results would be different if the entire year was taken into account as some sororities have their bigger philanthropy events in the spring, such as Phi Mu, DZ and DDD, while others have theirs in the fall, such as DG & AXO.

By: Just saying
by: NoJun 25, 2014 12:23:16 PM

I got it from the pan website which was recently updated. It clearly says "for the last year"

By: No
by: No...Jun 25, 2014 2:06:52 PM

While it does say "for the last year" on the website, I know of several chapters whose money & hours listed decreased from their Fall 2013 figures to their "year total" figures. That doesn't make logical sense.

By: No...
#2  by: I   

Am kind of confuses as to why people rank KD as a top house all the time when this indicates they do little to support their philanthropy and they rank in the bottom for community service hours.

By: I
by: becauseJun 25, 2014 2:13:32 PM

people rank on looks and who got the "popular" girls from certain high schools. as shallow as it is, thats how its been. im glad there are lists and rankings like these to show things that truly matter!

By: because
by: YesJun 25, 2014 2:37:39 PM

KD has pretty girls but they do very little with philanthropy.

By: Yes
#3  by: I   

appreciate the post. Community service is extremely important to me and am looking for a house that is involved. This is great info!!!

By: I
#4  by: curious   

The sororities that are included in the top 6 on BOTH lists are Tri Delt, AOPi, DZ, and Sigma Kappa. This mostly makes sense considering Tri Delt, AOPi and DZ are usually ranked in the top 4 or 5 overall. But how come sigma kappa is ranked at the bottom when they are up their in community service and philanthropy involvement with the other "good" sororities. Why are Phi Mu and KD always ranked above them?

By: curious
by: DZJun 25, 2014 5:56:37 PM

Why does every house has 2013 philanthropy hours but DZ? Maybe cuz they either didn't have hours or so low they didn't want to to post them. Looks sketch to me. Can't be tops claiming false hours.

By: DZ
by: TheyJun 25, 2014 6:15:22 PM

are notorious for having high community service hours, but nice try. ALL houses have community service hours.

By: They
by: CuriousJun 25, 2014 10:30:55 PM

Really? Then why don't they have their 2013 hours? Everyone else does. They shouldn't even be on the list until they can figure out what their 2013 hours are.

By: Curious
by: UmJun 25, 2014 10:55:16 PM

Are we sure it's not just a typo? Chill y'all make something out of nothing. Heaven forbid all service hours aren't exactly correct...... Give it a rest

By: Um
by: ..Jun 25, 2014 11:00:02 PM

DZ headquarters requires each member to complete 25 service hours each, it's on their website. 25 multiplied by about 130 or so I guess then

By: ..
by: Seriously,Jun 26, 2014 5:31:43 AM

Some girls on this site are sickening always trying to start drama. DZ has notoriously high community service hours year after year. My friend told me they are required to have a minimum of 25 and new members quite a bit more (I can't remember the amount). That's why they are always ranked at or near the top for community service hours.

By: Seriously,
#5  by: Thanks!   

As a PNM, I am looking for a house that is involved!!! This has given me some new insight.

By: Thanks!
#6  by: Yay   

finally a rank from something that matters

By: Yay
#7  by: WTF   

You guys take this sorority stuff way to serious. It's just a "sisterhood" calm down. By the time college ends I know for a fact no one is going to come out and say "Well my sorority raised this amount of money and did this amount of hours when I was there." Time to grow up. Also, to the idiot girl who posted this was just doing this so when recruitment comes in the fall they can get more girls then the others. Petty bitxhes

By: WTF
by: Wow Jun 30, 2014 11:02:52 AM

Because raising money and doing service doesn't matter? Of course it does. Are you a KD?

By: Wow
by: It'sJun 30, 2014 1:46:33 PM

"not just a sisterhood." Sororities are supposed to encourage young women to be of service to others. My guess is a KD wrote this because people are finally questioning why you perceive yourselves as "top tier."

By: It's
by: WowJun 30, 2014 2:07:16 PM

You're an idiot, OP. I can't believe you're so open about how little you care about the philanthropic work your chapter does. I think YOU need to grow up because no one is going to care who was the "best" just because they were pretty.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.