facebook

recruitment

by: Local

I am from Knoxville, but attend another SEC school. I am really surprised by the threads I read on here. Like Alabama, rankings probably depend on where you are from. Given that, here is how it went down from 2 or 3 of the high schools in this area during 2013 recruitment. Unlike those that joined fraternities, most all of the girls I know joined different houses and remain good friends. Phi Mu got the "hot", popular, bubbly girl; KD got the smart, "hot", popular, west knox, or private school girl; ADPi got the pretty, popular, really smart girl; DZ got the beauty, dance team, popular girl; Tri Delt got the popular, money, pretty, fun girl. ZTA got the "life of the party" "hot", popular, girl. Every single girl I know loves the UT house they are in. This is not to say other sororities didn't get great girls... this is based on the people I know about from this area. The only ones not happy are the girls who were warned not to party on campus while they were still in high school. Most of them were dropped from the houses they were interested in. Whether it's Alabama or UT reputations make a huge difference.

Posted By: Local
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 2013   

This too was my experience. Different city, a bit different sororities, but similar experience. The point being that every house has something they look for and attract. And, pay attention, reputations can make or break you.

By: 2013
#2  by: Knoxville   

I am from Knoxville. I can tell you that in addition to the sororities listed, AOPi got some great girls too. Would love to hear from others in different cities.

By: Knoxville
#3  by: Yes   

I'm from Brentwood and the typical "hot and popular" girls ended up in phi mu, KD, DZ. It's interesting to see this after high school.

By: Yes
#4  by: Brentwood   

Not sure what high school you are from, but several from my school went ADPi and a couple AOPi in addition to the ones you mentioned. I wouldn't consider all of them "hot", but they are great girls.

By: Brentwood
by: IJun 13, 2014 9:44:15 PM

agree with "Yes." The "hot and popular" girls from my high school ended up in KD, DZ, and PhiMu. I know a few girls from HS in ADPI...they were more the "smart" girls.

By: I
#5  by: Same   

Same here. The "hot" ones went KD and Phi Mu, one to DZ. The "smart" pretty girls went ADPi and AOPi. I am just happy to hear there are several good houses to choose from. I don't know any Tri Delts, but did hear positive comments after Pan Preview.

By: Same
#6  by: Out   

DZ and AXO take alot of great girls out of state. Also, ZTA has alot of what would be considered "hot" girls. At least that's what frats think.

By: Out
by: NoJun 14, 2014 12:08:38 AM

ZTA has a lot of what would be considered "easy" girls. THAT is what frats think.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.