facebook

sorority COB advice!!

by: help!

I would love any advice for sorority COB, fall rush went horribly for me. I don’t have super high hopes for my chances this time around but I’d still really appreciate any advice y’all could give me about it!

Posted By: help!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pan love   

Hey girl! So glad you’re going through spring recruitment! I think the best thing you can do is look at why you had such a negative experience last time. Was it social anxiety? Burnout? Getting dropped by houses you liked? After you figure that out it should be easier to pinpoint how you can make it better this time. Other than that, just be yourself and give every organization a chance. Each one is filled with such amazing women! Good luck!

By: pan love
by: help!Jan 10, 2023 8:46:17 PM

hey thanks so much! i was dropped from every house so unfortunately there’s not a ton i can do based on fall rush, i’d just be more than happy to get a bid from any chapter!

By: help!
#2  by: Hugs   

Hugs to you. If you were dropped by all houses, it might be helpful to do some self reflection. Were you outgoing? Did you show up ready to meet new people and experience new things? Did you present yourself well-ie- were you dressed similarly to the other PNMs? Hair and makeup? How were/are your grades? After reviewing these things, change what you can, however, your biggest asset will be any friends you have made who are in sororities that will be recruiting this spring. Let them know you would love to learn more about their sisterhoods. They might advocate for you. Good luck!

By: Hugs
by: pan loveJan 11, 2023 10:46:40 PM

Yes!! Talk to your friends in sororities! Having connections is one of the best ways to get noticed by an organization. And I’m so sorry fall rush was so hard for you! Luckily I know a lot of girls who found their home through COB or spring rush so don’t give up hope.

By: pan love
#3  by: utk   

It’s so easy to fall through the cracks!! There’s so many people that went through fall. One of my best friends in my PC was dropped by every house and ended up getting a snap bid. She had an amazing resume/rec letters. But she wasn’t super outgoing during recruitment. It’s straining to go through. My best advice for spring would be to come out of your comfort zone! Be super outgoing, ask a lot of questions, wear something they’ll remember you by, and talk to as many people as possible!

By: utk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.