facebook

just wondering :)

by: question

as a freshman girl, is greek life at UW worth it? i've heard people say sororities are toxic, others say they're totally worth it. please reply with genuine responses, i'm tired of the stupid "geed" comments. also, is hazing common here or does it not exist since it's a semi-small school?

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A sorority woman   

Greek life is what you make of it tbh. I have felt that greek life is toxic but I have also felt empowered by the women in my sorority. We do so much good in our sorority raising money for our philanthropy, growing in our professional development, and supporting each other academically. I agree with the nasty comments made by people on each sorority page, but I also agree with the kind comments made as well. My recommendation is to go through recruitment and see if you feel valued. Just remember, it is our goal to recruit you and other new members. Our front during recruitment may not be the truth of the chapter as a whole. In my experience, most toxicity is rooted in one to five women in a chapter, and those women usually drop and the drama and toxicity of that pledge class disappears. That happened to my pledge class and we are finally drama free and happy.

By: A sorority woman
#2  by: A sorority woman   

Also, hazing is not common here (at least in sororities to my knowledge). Greek life at Uw has a zero hazing policy and Wyoming actually made a law against it. Chapters who haze will be held criminally liable.

By: A sorority woman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.