facebook

the 100% truth about tu sororities & this site

by: honestabe

Dear incoming freshmen/ anyone interested in recruitment at TU:
I am a senior in one of the Panhellenic sororities here at TU, and I came to this site because some of my sisters brought to my attention some of the horrible and untrue things that people have been posting. So I'm here to set the record straight, and I hope you find this post helpful!
First of all, you should know that there is absolutely no way you can count on this website to be anywhere near credible when it comes to ranking and posts about sororities. That is what you get when you allow people to anonymously rank and post whatever they want about their competition. (And yes, recruitment is the biggest competition between the sororities because everyone wants to have the best fall pledge class possible). What you are reading on this site cannot possibly be true because you have girls ranking their own sorority as the best on campus, and unfortunately you also have girls tearing down any sorority who they view as a threat to them. Why trust a post when you have no idea who the source is or what their personal bias could be?
Second, I am going to go ahead and objectively say that there is not one sorority better than the other. I am the biggest advocate for my own sorority and I could list dozens of reasons why I think my house is by far the best on campus and why you should join. I honestly hope everyone in Greek life could, because if they can't or don't believe their house is the best, (cont.

Posted By: honestabe
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestabe   

(cont.) I can’t imagine why they would continue to be a part of it. Each house receives awards. But awards aren’t what define a sorority, the members are. And just like any other group of people on this planet, these sororities are made up of girls that have various things in common. Which leads me to my last point…
DECIDE WHICH SORORITY YOU WANT TO JOIN BY GOING THROUGH RECRUITMENT AND MEETING THESE GIRLS. Don’t go in with your mind already set because of anonymous posts on sites like this or by someone else’s biased opinion. By participating in recruitment with an open mind, you will find a house that you will love and will be accepted as you are. You want to find a house where you will be comfortable, where girls are similar to you, where you can picture spending the best four years of your life and make the greatest memories and develop lifelong friendships. Trust me. I was in your shoes three years ago, and joining my sorority was the best decision I could have made. I’ve grown so much from it and have made relationships that will impact me in a great way for the rest of my life. You will find where you belong as long as you trust yourself!

By: honestabe
by: tuJul 14, 2015 7:15:22 PM

THANK YOU. all this pettiness and hate (which honestly I'm guessing is from a small group of girls that keep posting) is a horrible representation of Greek life at TU. I am ashamed to be associated with that but this post is so true about how I've felt at TU

By: tu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.