facebook

it seems like most people want the same sorority

by: Soooo

Most girls going through recruitment seem to want the same sorority. How does this work? Does that sorority get to choose who they want and if we don't get in they send us to the other sorority?

Posted By: Soooo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Npcb   

This is a question that is best answered by your panhellenic team but I will try to explain in general terms. If you are selected back to preference round it means that the sorority is prepared to offer you a bid and believes you would be an asset to their sisterhood. However, if too many Women also want the same sorority there are policies in place that attempt to keep the sority sizes equal. so a chapter may be unable to accept all the women who want them. a quota is set which limits the number of women a sorority can bid and once that sorority reaches quota, the remaining women will then be matched with their second choice if there is room in that sorority's quota. So if you do get your second choice it only means that there wasn't space to accommodate all the interest at your first choice. I received my second choice and it was actually a blessing. Love my sorority and can't imagine being anything else.

By: Npcb
by: ^Sep 18, 2017 7:48:06 PM

Yes. You explained it really well. There is one sorority that most girls really want. But everyone who ends up In the other sorority seems to be really happy. Now there are three choices, so people can really choose. All the sororities are great!

By: ^
by: questionSep 19, 2017 10:48:26 PM

The sorority that most people put as their first choice was the one that has been here at really long time. Give the other two sororities time to catch up. All the sororities here are really awesome. Enjoy your sisitehood.

By: question
by: so trueOct 3, 2017 8:22:11 AM

I pledged and was in a sorority at a different school. I actually got my third choice because we went to three houses on Pref Night. I loved my four years in my sorority and I'm super happy about getting my third choice. Now I'm a graduate student and USF doesn't have my sorority and I really miss them a lot.

By: so true
by: @ so trueApr 6, 2019 12:36:10 PM

I went to a different undergrad, and I got my third choice too, and I LOVE my sorority. Everything works out.

By: @ so true
#2  by: panhell   

All sororities here are excellent. You can't go wrong with any chapter or group of women.

By: panhell
#3  by: Yes    

Most girls want Delta Zeta.

By: Yes
#4  by: Saucy gal    

1st day of recruitment was so fun. Looking forward to philanthropy day and meeting more members. Glad i went through recruitment. Its actually pretty relaxed and comfortable.

By: Saucy gal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.