facebook

open for expansion

by: Curious

I heard that UR is open for sorority expansion and that Delta Zeta may be coming back. I think that would be great, since they were the first sorority on campus. Anyone hear anything else?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: New Group   

I'd like to have Phi Mu on campus. Their philanthropy is Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

By: New Group
#2  by: expansion   

Panhellenic sends a memo to all groups that aren't on campus once they decide to open for expansion. It's a call for applications. Every sorority that wants to come to UR applies and Panhellenic choose 1-3 finalists to come and present. From those sororities, they choose one (or two) to come onto campus

By: expansion
#3  by: false   

DZ's application was terrrrible. It's between TriDelt and Delta Phi Epsilon

By: false
#4  by: Really?   

DPhiE is horrible nationally. They would ruin our greek system. Tri Delta is a great sorority. Delta Zeta is also fantastic, and I doubt their application was "terrible."

By: Really?
by: ??Mar 16, 2015 4:22:04 PM

How would that possibly ruin our greek system? I don't think KD is very good nationally, but it's a strong chapter here. A chapters national reputation doesn't really mean that much.

By: ??
#5  by: Hmmmmm   

Some friends and I did some research on the sororities mentioned here and found that Delta Phi Epsilon is very small and mostly in the northeast. TriDelt is huge everywhere, and so is DZ. In fact, DZ has been invited to colonize at 4 or 5 schools this year. How bad could their application be if so many other schools want them?

By: Hmmmmm
by: to hummmmApr 2, 2015 11:45:35 PM

Well there is quality and quantity. Yes DZ is going to 5(?) schools, but they are smaller universities, lesser known campuses. Two of them are Long Island University-C.W. Post and Sacred Heart University.
Any other Panhellenic sorority presenting? so exciting!!

By: to hummmm
by: RegionalJun 9, 2015 12:26:52 PM

DPhiE is more of a regional sorority hence why most of their chapters are located in the northeast. It's obvious why they want to colonize here. Tri Delts is a good national sorority. They have many strong chapters in major universities. As for DZ, they're the 5th largest sorority in terms of number of chapters but in my opinion, most of their chapters are middle tier.

By: Regional
#6  by: interested   

How exactly does all this even work? If they decide to add a new chapter, when will it be introduced/ how etc.

By: interested
#7  by: confused   

if delta zeta was the first sorority on campus, why did they leave?

By: confused
#8  by: ??   

Any word on which sororities are presenting?

By: ??
#9  by: miss mad maddie   

I hear Tally Ho is going to try in? They're kinda awesome for rebelling against womens stereotypes

By: miss mad maddie
#10  by: curious   

Do you have to go through formal recruitment to join? I wouldn't want to go through that whole thing again (I dropped early this year), but I might be interested in just checking out the new one.

By: curious
by: xMar 15, 2015 9:29:00 PM

same here

By: x
by: annonymousApr 20, 2015 12:04:49 AM

there will be an interview process to join

By: annonymous
by: 3Apr 22, 2015 12:35:30 AM

what if you declined a bid? will they still make you wait until recruitment in the spring?

By: 3

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.