By: Guest
by: UFeb 3, 2021 4:26:55 PM

Ugh

By: U
#2  by: ihb   

Phi delt is just a worse version of beta, not as fun but still smart

By: ihb
#3  by: longdrive   

Phi Delt's satellite house is across the street. Beta's is in the Fan.

By: longdrive
#4  by: Lobo   

Which one got more pledges? Numbers don't lie.

By: Lobo
by: TwoothJan 11, 2017 3:03:03 PM

Beta has more, plus Phi Delt had to take almost everyone that came to their final hours, Beta took half

By: Twooth
#5  by: Ci   

Phi Delt was the first to go "dry." Beta is dry and has the Men of Principle program - which no one understands.

By: Ci
#6  by: NumbersDontLie   

Phi Delt: 21 came to final hours, 23 bids
Beta: 38 final hours, 23 bids
#s never lieπŸ˜‚πŸ’€πŸ”₯

By: NumbersDontLie
by: dFeb 22, 2016 10:03:33 PM

Wait Phi Delt gave more bids than came to final hours?

By: d
by: @dFeb 23, 2016 12:30:30 AM

NumbersDontLie is referring to the final hour, not all of final hours. Phi Delt they likely handed out bids to roughly 19-20 of the guys that showed up at 9, and 3-4 bids to guys who showed up before then hoping to snag them.

If you want to further emphasize the importance of final hours and bids: a number of the "middle tier fraternities" had a similar showing to Beta. Sammy, FIJI, Phi Society, Delta Sig, and even Theta Chi had somewhere between 35-40 show up for final hours (I think Phi Society had like 45). So Phi Delt and Pi Kapp, fraternities often regarded as on par with that group of houses, did pretty poorly with 21 and 14 each.

By: @d
#7  by: tru   

^yes

By: tru
#8  by: tho   

Who got more pledges?

By: tho
by: @thoFeb 23, 2016 4:20:24 PM

I don't get how people think the number of pledges a fraternity gets denotes superiority. I mean, getting a PC of 15 or less is a sign for worry, but anything above that is a normal sized PC. Anything above 23 is usually just compensating for a lack quality with quantity (although sometimes it's not). What really matters is how many people showed up during final hours. That's a solid determinant for your popularity during rush.

By: @tho
#9  by: .?   

The number of people at final hours isn't the end all be all. The chapter may have simply given out too many third round invites.

By: .?
#10  by: a   

Ratio of bids offered to bids accepted matters more than "final hours" attendance.

By: a
by: Daniel Feb 24, 2016 8:21:28 PM

I don't really know about phi delt, but all 23 kids that were given kids in beta accepted them

By: Daniel

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.