facebook

here’s why we won’t get a new sorority

by: info

This question pops up on here every now and then, so I’m just going to explain why UVA will not be getting a new sorority anytime soon.

One problem? A lot of national organizations aren’t interested in UVA because it has a low matching rate. A lot of PNMs drop out of rush which is a huge red flag for nationals because they don’t think they’ll get enough members.

Another reason, UVA FSL needs to be open for expansion by a new npc group. Why aren’t they? Because the current 15 groups are not all meeting quota. They have a duty to current chapters and want to make sure they are happy and doing well before they can even consider adding additional chapters. Also, the argument of “there aren’t enough spots in the current sororities” is not right. Quota is determined by the amount of girls at pref submitting lists each year. If people stopped dropping, the pledge classes would be larger.

Finally, what do some of you think adding a new sorority would do? “The girls need more choices here” doesn’t really make sense. There would not be a magical influx of perfect super popular girls. It would be the same girls that are already here at uva. Still wonderful - but no not really a new choice.

Posted By: info
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: sad   

I absolutely hate UVA's rush approach. It's so hurtful to so many girls that want to be a part of greek life and can't be. The rankings and everything make it so hard to enjoy being a part of it or potentially join it.

I got dropped by every house after round robbins and it literally is a 15 minute conversation idk i just don't think thats fair.

By: sad
#12  by: Talk   

Oh baby

By: Talk
by: bumpJan 30, 2022 6:03:05 PM

bumpp

By: bump
#13  by: greekrankchair   

bumping this

By: greekrankchair
by: YepJan 31, 2022 4:54:45 PM

Bump

By: Yep
#14  by: Sl   

There should more srats and maybe the ISC should finally let "non-white" sororities become members of ISC.

By: Sl
by: plsJan 31, 2022 4:04:07 PM

bby did you read the post at all

By: pls
#15  by: sigh   

all the ranks popping up when PCs have existed for literally 24 hours just proves this post’s point

By: sigh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.