facebook

informal rush

by:    

If I am hoping to rush this fall, should I contact the sororities I am interested in and let them know? How should I go about informal rush to increase my chances of getting into one I like? They don’t really explain how informal rush works so if anyone has insight or advice it would be appreciated!!

Posted By: Second year
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

tbf, Informal does not work out for many girls. for most chapters they give less than a few bids to girls they already have many connections to and that’s why there’s not much info about it. but I’d recommend reaching out now to any friends you have in the chapters you’d accept bids from. If you don’t have friends in one you like, then you could email the rush chair to tell them youre interested/to ask if they’re having any open events. this route probably won’t work for informal but it can also help your odds for formal because the chapter already knows you’re interested in them. Good luck!

By: fourth year

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Usually sororities will post about it on their social media accounts (ex. Insta and Facebook) also if you have any girls you know in a sorority they can keep you up to date or give your contact to other girls in different sororities! Or at least that is what my sorority does. You could even post here on Greek Rank and I am sure there will be sorority’s that are doing informal and will want to spread the word. I rushed formal but my roommate did informal last year and had a great experience, you don’t need to know anyone to come to informal rush! Also if you didn’t rush formal I would suggest maybe going to all the sororities that are having informal so you don’t leave any door unopened. Best of luck :)

By: Wahoowa

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.