facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 6
#1  by: this   

TOP-1
Theta/Kappa

TOP-2
Pi Phi/Tri Delt

TOP-3
DG/A Phi

MID-1
DZ

MID-2
Zeta

Mid-3
KD/A Chi O/Chi O

BOTTOM-1
SK/ADPi/Sig Delt

BOTTOM-2
Gamma Phi

BOTTOM-3
Tri Sig

By: this
by: nopeApr 19, 2013 12:31:23 AM

Kappa and Theta are not the top, unless you're only looking at who pays what in dues and who's pulling the high profile private school girls. Generally, most of the other sororitys don't like them, and Kappa and Theta come off as pretentious and mean.
Pi Phi / Tri Delt should be above Kappa / Theta.

DG and DZ are on level with A Phi.

SK / KD/ AXO / ADPi / Sig Delt / Gamma Phi are all on the same level and rush the same girls. You couldn't tell them apart if you had a mixed crowd of them.

SDT is below Gamma Phi and above Tri Sig.

By: nope
by: actuallyApr 21, 2013 2:12:54 PM

Some of the most straight up attractive and shockingly genuine girls I've ever met are in GPB and SDT. Some of the most hierarchical and cold girls I've met are in KAT and KKG. What the hell are these rankings based on?

By: actually
by: selflimiting Apr 21, 2013 9:31:46 PM

Hiearchies like these only exist for those that accept them. Get yourselves out of your boxes; each sorority exists for a certain kind of person, and no one person is better than any other as long as each person treats the others well.

By: selflimiting
by: @actuallyApr 23, 2013 11:22:43 AM

These rankings are entirely based off of who was founded at uva first; the hierarchy is a myth perpetuated by the UVA Greek system and it means literally nothing at all.

By: @actually
by: yeeMay 1, 2013 10:01:32 PM

Stolen and edited from another girl here:

If you're crazy rich and from the south...go Kappa
If you're crazy rich and from the north...go Theta
If you're smoking hot...go Tri Delt
If you're a super-charming extrovert...go PiPhi
If you're into sunglasses, sundresses, and appearance...go APhi
If you're known only for your blonde hair...go DG
If you're into going home with a guy after every mixer...go DZ
If you're into partying really hard...go ZTA
If you're a nice girl...go XO/KD
If you're a nice girl and like diversity...go AXO
If you're a nice girl and like having fun...go SK
If you're simultaneously both a hottie and a wierdo...go SDT/GPhi
If you're shy and quiet...go ADP
If you can't get into any of the above...go SSS

By: yee
by: rankingsOct 13, 2013 12:22:54 AM

Literally just look at this website for an idea of which sororities are or aren't well liked by the others.

By: rankings
by: bioltestOct 17, 2013 3:40:43 AM

I'm just going to tell you that you're full of s and I'll give you the real rank (crazy as it sounds) based on my 4 years worth of univ experience with each house.

TOP is going to be sororities that love each other, are classy and fun, and, above all, are kind. MID is going to be sororities that other sororities tend to like, but are lacking in one of the qualities of TOP. BOTTOM is going to be sororities that have major behavioral problems.\n\n\n\n\nTOP-1 PiBetaPhi TOP-2 DeltaDeltaDelta TOP-3 ZetaTauAlpha TOP-4 GammaPhiBeta / SigmaKappa MID-1 AlphaPhi / DeltaGamma MID-2 DeltaZeta Mid-3 SigmaDeltaTau / ChiOmega / AlphaChiOmega MID-4 AlphaDeltaPi / KappaDelta BOTTOM-1 KappaAlphaTheta / KappaKappaGamma / SigmaSigmaSigma

By: bioltest
by: nopeOct 28, 2013 11:59:44 PM

why the hell is zta better than KD or AXO they're weird af and lost like half their pledge class last year
also DZ should be lower. easy DZ

by: howabout...Nov 4, 2013 11:39:05 PM

TOP-1 PBP/t-D TOP-2 APhi TOP-3 DG/ZTA MID-1 DZ/KAT/KKG MID-2 SK/GPB MID-3 AXO/XO BOTTOM-1 KD/ADP BOTTOM-2 SDT BOTTOM-3 t-S

By: howabout...
by: How it isNov 10, 2013 1:29:02 PM

Top Tier: PBP/DDD/ KKG/KAT Upper Mid: AP/DG/DZ Mid: ZTA KD Lower Mid: ACO CO/SK Bottom: GPB ADP/SDT Lowest of the Low: SSS

By: How it is
by: nicknameNov 11, 2013 11:44:05 AM

Ladies, just make your own ranks based on your own experience. Everyone wants something different from Greek life, and don't let some hive mind or 20 year old rank decide what your path in life should be.

By: nickname
by: HoyayNov 18, 2013 11:22:53 PM

Top: DDD/PBP/KKG/KAT Upper Mid: AP/DG/DZ Mid: ZTA/KD/ACO Lower Mid: SK/CO/GPB Lower: ADP/SDT/SSS

By: Hoyay
by: sororitytyfratNov 21, 2013 2:02:41 PM

These ranks are crap. Does anyone look at the actual sororities in question, or are we parroting a 30-year-old bs tier system?

By: sororitytyfrat
by: Don't take seriouslyJul 27, 2016 7:13:25 PM

This is what you get with a top public university like UVa -- a hodge-podge of smart people from private and public schools, but ones who end up not jiving very well with their fellow students apart from their little clique.

This doesn't matter much as a student. But once you graduate, you realize that UVa alum. ties are weak compared to those you might have had had you attended a top private university.

Frankly, there's no "Virginia Man" -- too many outsiders, too many weird kids, there. Need that extra Greek layer. Which means cliquing-up, which means U.Va, itself -- as an undergrad instiitution -- is largely irrelevant for networking in later life.

This is a hidden-cost of attending U.Va. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Don't take seriously
by: wtfMar 14, 2017 1:03:04 PM

This is all so outdated..... who went back to 2013 to bring this back up??? If you want to see anything thats even close to being accurate now, you have to go all the way to the 6th page

By: wtf
by: JDFeb 16, 2018 2:41:49 PM

I'm second year at UVA. Your sorority rating is based on reputation from long, long ago. The most annoying, self-centered girls I've met at UVA are from your top list. Can't stand them. I would rather date a girl from your "bottom tier" any time. Those girls are not only as pretty as your "top listers" but also intelligent and decent human beings. They don't judge you based on your parent's bank account and private schools you attended. Please update your rating; you are stuck in the past!

By: JD
#2  by: therealranking   

Top 1- Kappa/Theta
Top 2- Pi Phi/ Tri Delt
Upper Mid 1- DG
Mid 1- APhi
Mid 2- DZ/Zeta
Mid 3- KD/AXO/ SK
Bottom 1- SDT
Bottom 2- ADPi
Bottom 3- Gamma Phi Beta
Bottom 4- Tri Sig

By: therealranking
by: therealrankingSep 21, 2012 12:23:17 PM

sorry but no way SDT is above ADPi, KD's above AXO, and DZ is slightly above ZTA. Also, Tri Delt is at least on level with Kappa/Theta now.

By: therealranking
by: notrealSep 21, 2012 1:18:38 PM

you missed XO, but otherwise looks pretty good. i cant even tell kds and axos apart, they rush the same girls, so i wouldn't have put kd above axo either.

By: notreal
by: m30wSep 23, 2012 6:28:50 PM

Tri Delt is not on tier with Kappa and Theta. I would put XO on the same level as SDT, also keeping SDT ahead of ADPi. Looks great other than missing XO.

By: m30w
by: uvaDec 15, 2012 9:37:32 AM

ZTA is definitely not above KD, and DZ should be on same level as APhi.

By: uva
by: nopeApr 19, 2013 12:33:04 AM

Yep. SDT is above no sorority except Tri Sig.

by: sororitytyfratNov 21, 2013 2:03:01 PM

These ranks are crap. Does anyone look at the actual sororities in question, or are we parroting a 30-year-old bs tier system?

#3  by: fair   

Top:
Kappa/Theta/Tri Delt/Pi Phi- rush relatively the same kind of girls, but Theta/Kappa seem to have more private schoolers

Upper Middle/Lower Top:
DG/APhi- rush the same type of girls
DZ

Middle:
KD/ZTA

Lower Middle:
AXO/ADPi/Chi O/SK- all of these cross rush

Bottom:
SDT/Gamma Phi
Tri Sig

But almost every sorority in a tier could be moved up or down based on preference

By: fair
by: nopeApr 19, 2013 12:36:57 AM

DZ and ZTA rush similar girls, too. ZTA should probs be in your upper middle category.

ADPi is on level with Gamma Phi, and Gamma Phi should probs be in your lower middle category; if you want to add a third bottom tier sorority, it would be ADPi before Gamma Phi.

by: LikeApr 29, 2013 2:10:03 PM

As a Gamma, all I can say is that I've really enjoyed my experience so far. If we're bottom of the pack, the other sororitys must be an absolute blast.

By: Like
by: lolOct 17, 2013 10:24:54 AM

You're not bottom of the pack, hun. The first responders to this post were all from the same group and voted the same way. Don't let these girls get to your head; ZTA and SK are consistently ranked too far down as well while Theta and Kappa are somehow ranked at the top despite the fact Theta/Kappa disgust everyone that isn't one.

By: lol
by: sororitytyfratNov 21, 2013 2:03:21 PM

#4  by: so   

top:
theta kappa tri delt pi phi

lower top:
dg alpha phi

upper mid:
dz zta

mid:
kd axo xo

lower mid:
sk adpi sdt

bottom:
gamma phi beta tri sig

and yeah anyone could move 1 rung up or down depending on preference

By: so
by: realJan 26, 2013 2:48:22 PM

yep i agree with this. maybe move tridelt down to lower top. they have had some interesting members recently.

By: real
by: uh,what?Oct 17, 2013 10:26:56 AM

With the exclusion of SDT, was this rank based entirely on who was founded at UVA first??? It's a miserably bad representation of which sororities girls rush hardest; Kappa and Theta hardly even participate in rush as every girl they want that wants them was dirty rushed all through the fall...

By: uh,what?
by: ...Oct 23, 2013 11:25:21 PM

can you read? sdt is included as lower mid on this ranking...

By: ...
#5  by: hah   

they are not bottom of the barrel. have you seen some of the girls in dg or dg or a phi? hell have you seen some of the kappas? i mean come on. eyes people eyes. use them.

By: hah
by: really?Jan 9, 2013 11:21:58 PM

Grammar- use it. And yes there are girls in every sorority who aren't perfect or good looking, but there's no point tearing down other sororities and calling them out for your benefit.

By: really?
by: umApr 19, 2013 12:39:02 AM

you get exceptions from every sorority; i think the tier system is pretty roughed up, too, though
we're looking at a bunch of things that don't matter in our rankings

By: um
by: ahNov 11, 2013 1:25:49 PM

What?! Does this mean that a 20-year-old rank from the 80's doesn't actually reflect what the sororities are like?

By: ah
#6  by: Blink   

KD, AXO and XO should be ranked equally and I would think at least mid, if not upper mid. Great girls in all three of those and I think AXO and XO frequently get overlooked.

By: Blink
by: agreedApr 19, 2013 2:24:51 PM

Gamma Phi and Sigma Kappa, too. The middle ones, GP/KD/AXO/XO/SK/etc, are basically indistinguishable when they're not wearing letters.

By: agreed
by: greeOct 17, 2013 10:32:04 AM

I think you can distinguish Gp and Sk from the other three because the three tend to be varieties of straight-up nice girls while SK and GP are super mixed bags with Venn Diagramed weirdo-hotties and party girls.

By: gree
by: nicknameNov 11, 2013 11:41:53 AM

SK and GPhi are super similar, and they are huge mixed bags. I'd sooner compare them to AXO and ZTA than to KD/XO/and the rest of the nice girls houses.

By: nickname
#7  by: UVAGREEk   

Ok. kappa, you are only in the top tier because your 4th years are hot and you have a good name, but jesus are you hanging by a string

kappa/theta/tridelt

dg/piphi

dz/aphi/axo

chi o/ kd/zta...

By: UVAGREEk
by: haJan 29, 2013 1:38:06 PM

axo with aphi and dz? no.

By: ha
by: lolApr 19, 2013 2:26:34 PM

DG doesn't even touch Pi Phi, and KD doesn't even touch ZTA.

By: lol
by: plusOct 17, 2013 10:33:31 AM

Uh, you seem to have forgotten to list the sororities in a rank representative of their respective awesomeness.

By: plus
#8  by: honest   

there really isn't much of a "bottom tier" anymore. Tri Sig is obviously not doing so hot, but one sorority out of 16 that can't fill a pledge class doesn't really constitute a tier

By: honest
#9  by: uva girl   

Kappa
Theta/Tri Delt
Pi Phi
A Phi/DG
ZTA
DZ
KD
SK
XO/AXO
ADPi
SDT
G Phi
Tri Sig

By: uva girl
by: mOct 17, 2013 10:46:24 AM

lol, no

By: m
by: Frat GuyFeb 16, 2018 2:31:49 PM

Your ranking is soooo outdated. Your top sororities are rapidly declining and becoming more and more irrelevant. The girls in those sororities are so self-centered, it is difficult to have any conversation with them. All they want to talk about is themselves. Sororities you listed at the bottom are way more fun to be around, especially ADPi. Their girls are not only good looking, but also smart and nice. They actually pay attention to what you say instead of listening to themselves. Your ranking sucks.

By: Frat Guy
#10  by: question   

will sdt be doing fall rush next fall?

By: question
by: Anonymous Feb 18, 2013 4:40:59 PM

Probably not. They're at quota so they wouldn't have a reason to

By: Anonymous
by: thinkingApr 19, 2013 2:30:37 PM

I'm under the impression that only SSS is doing fall rush. We really don't have much of a bottom tier beyond them.

By: thinking
by: iknowthisOct 17, 2013 10:48:29 AM

The ones that did fall rush were the 5 sororities that had girls transfer to other schools and the 1 sorority that can't fill a pc for its life. ZTA took 6 girls, GPB took 6 girls, DZ took 8 girls (i think), XO took a similar number of girls, ADP took a lot of girls, SSS tried to take over 25 girls but only landed 4.

By: iknowthis

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.