facebook

hazing

by: curious

Tell me about the sorority hazing at Umass. Who does it? Is it very brutal? I am particularly interested in Sigma Kappa.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: JC   

Pretty sure SK doesn't haze, not sure about the others. Try going through recruitment and seeing where you fit best before you pick one.

By: JC
#2  by: grkgrl   

no one actually "hazes"... certain chapters have different pledging processes/rituals but nothing is bad at all (like you might find in southern schools). definitely check the girls out before you rush instead of judging before hand by their "hazing"

By: grkgrl
#3  by: Umass13   

The girl above me is 100% false. Many sororities on our campus haze, and a handful do not.

By: Umass13
#4  by: grkgrl   

well considering there are 7 recognized chapters there really aren't that many to pick from.. hazing is certainly a loose term so it depends what you consider. I've heard of maybe one or two at most.. the rest are just processes of pledging

By: grkgrl
#5  by: umass   

Its not about who doesn't haze or who does. Its about what girls you could be bonded to for life. Keep in mind that this website doesn't have all of the sororities listed

By: umass
#6  by: umass   

there is for sure hazing in these sororities so you better be ready for it

By: umass
#7  by: Answer   

To answer your question specifically, to the best of my knowledge (and honestly, it is common knowledge amongst Greeks, as well), the following two sororities do not haze, whatsoever. They have a zero tolerance policy. And I do not mean "hazing" as a loose term. These chapters have absolutely none.
Sigma Kappa
Chi Omega

As for the rest, while I cannot tell you who hazes more severely, or to what extent, it is known that the other 5 PanHel chapters DO haze to some extent.

By: Answer
#8  by: Also   

Alpha Chi Omega also doesn't haze!

The other four though...

By: Also
#9  by: 4realzdoe   

Sigma Kappa is strongly known for not hazing, Chi Omega is known for their zero tolerance policy but also known to still haze a little -though I heard it's not too bad. The others all haze, but in reality the things they make you do is NOTHING compared to the hazing done by cultural sororities on campus. They are horrid. I have had multiple friends go through the process, few have dropped, the ones that stayed I barely see because these sororities actually carry out the "cult-like" stereotype.

By: 4realzdoe
#10  by: 4realzdoe   

Sigma Kappa is strongly known for not hazing, Chi Omega is known for their zero tolerance policy but also known to still haze a little -though I heard it's not too bad. The others all haze, but in reality the things they make you do is NOTHING compared to the hazing done by cultural sororities on campus. They are horrid. I have had multiple friends go through the process, few have dropped, the ones that stayed I barely see because these sororities actually carry out the "cult-like" stereotype.

By: 4realzdoe

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.