facebook

kkg & sk bids

by: Pnm

How hard is it to get a bid from kappa annd sk? Like how many people get cut from them? Does anyone have personal experiences rushing them?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

I would say these are the two most competitive sororities during recruitment. Kappa usually has a certain type of girl they're looking for and tend to do more of a looks-based recruitment. SK is competitive due to their high return rate and the high number of PNMS that want to go back to SK each round.

By: hi
#2  by: The hardest   

Easily the most two competitive. The most girls always wanna go back to them. It's difficult to get a bid because so many want them. I went to pref at KKG & SK and ranked SK highest and got KKG. Very happy with what I ended up receiving but would have been happy either place! I will say during recruitment MANY girls I met were extremely upset to get dropped from KKG & SK.

By: The hardest
#3  by: Yep   

They are the hardest to get bids from, so don't go in with your heart set on either of them and be yourself during recruitment. Girls I met didn't accept bids from other chapters because they thought they could only see themselves in these two top houses & ended up regretting it. Chi o is a good option for girls who don't get into these houses because they have a similar feel but just aren't as competitive as KKG and SK.

By: Yep
#4  by: don't worry!   

It's really not THAT exclusive. If you look nice (don't worry about looking like a model, just come well-dressed and like you care about your appearance!), are friendly and respectful to the sisters, and show interest, you have a great chance at getting a bid. And don't choose houses based on selectivity. Like above posters said, you will regret it.

By: don't worry!
#5  by: Heyy   

Just some advice for both sororities (I was asked back to both until I dropped kappa and ended with Sdt after pref night I preferred them to sk):
Kappa does tend to end up with girls with a nice appearance, but also remember that it's because they look for girls who take care of themselves and put their best foot forward. They're trying hard to get out of their stereotype, so now more than ever they're looking for well rounded girls

Sigma kappa tends to be very pretty, but is against getting a stereotype of looks based recruitment so while you should present yourself well, they're interested in individuality especially. They also value respect a lot and want girls who are polite and seem very interested.

Be yourself, but put forward the best version of yourself. Avoid seeming like you're joining for just parties or frat boys bc in the end both of those chapters mix with the best and don't want girls who only want them for that (which does happen due to their good social schedules).

By: Heyy
by: yesJul 26, 2016 8:24:30 PM

this is very accurate. Sk drops a lot of girls due to them seeming fake or that they only care about the parties. you will get dropped from kappa is youre not attractive.

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.