facebook

how hard is it to get a bid?

by: Pnm

Hi! I'm rushing in the fall and I'm really interested in SDT. How hard is it to get a bid there if it's your first choice? I am wondering the same thing about AEPhi. How exclusive are the sororities (especially the two i mentioned)? Do a lot of girls not receive bids? Sorry if this is a dumb question lol.

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not Really    

Generally speaking it is not hard to get a bid from either SDT or AEPhi if you make an effort to look presentable each day of rush and have good conversations with the girls. SDT had a lot of girls drop during the pledging period this year (like half their pledge class) and had to do spring rush so even if you don't get a bid during fall recruitment (which is unlikely if you actually try) you could rush in the spring if thats really what you wanted to do.

By: Not Really
#2  by: Hi   

Hello remember to keep your mind open about which sorority you want because you might change your mind. Aephi and Sdt are in the middle of difficult bids (the don't just hand them out but you're more likely to get a bid from them than kappa or sk). It also depends on how many girls go through rush. Last year each sorority made their pledge classes nearly twice as big as before because over 400 girls went through rush. Most years it's a lot less. Good luck! And remember to still be nice to the other houses because the house you want won't give you a bid if they hear you were intentionally rude to the other chapters. Good luck!

By: Hi
#3  by: Pnm   

Thanks everyone! Ya i'm gonna keep my mind open I just really like Sdt from what I've seen of them. And aephi would be my second because i've heard they are similar just without a house. I don't really care about rankings or any of that I just want to be with girls who are chill and fun and welcoming.

By: Pnm
by: YepJul 24, 2016 2:10:33 PM

You're pretty spot on if that's the type of sorority you want. Good luck with recruitment!!!!

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.