facebook

friends from outside sorority vs. in sorority

by: pnm

Next year I will be rushing as a sophomore and I was wondering if it was hard to stay close with friends you already have when you join a sorority. I want to join greek life for all the opportunities it can give and to make new friends but I also love the friends I already have and don't want to compromise our friendship. I know a lot of girls in sororities who I see almost exclusively with people in their sorority so I was wondering if it was hard to keep a balance of friends inside your sorority and outside of it.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest   

It honestly depends on which chapter you join. Some chapters have housing requirements (be sure to ask about them during rush) which makes it harder to maintain friendships with other friends. also, chapters know for hazing tend to make it difficult to maintain friendships because you spend so much time with your sorority and girls outside of chapters will resent them for being mean to you and resent you for going through it.

By: Honest
#2  by: Honest   

It honestly depends on which chapter you join. Some chapters have housing requirements (be sure to ask about them during rush) which makes it harder to maintain friendships with other friends. also, chapters know for hazing tend to make it difficult to maintain friendships because you spend so much time with your sorority and girls outside of chapters will resent them for being mean to you and resent you for going through it.

By: Honest
#3  by: Sup   

I rushed as a sophomore and had the same concern. The chapter I ended up in does have a house but no longer has a housing requirement. I maintained my friendships- if they are meant to be, they will be. I met so many amazing new friends and I'd say don't let rushing as a sophomore discourage you!!

By: Sup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.