facebook

recruitment

by: amb

I know SK has a 2016 recruitment video out but when will all the other sororities? Also since rush is earlier this year will girls be initiated earlier?

Posted By: amb
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

1. All sororities chose their own day to release & it varies by sorority
2. No, girls always get initiated around the same time, I know most new member education periods were condensed/cut short in order to initiate at the same time. (Aka usually it's 11 weeks long to get initiated on whatever date, but because rush was late, they condensed it to 8 weeks and got initiated on around the same date)

By: Hi
by: OkJun 17, 2016 7:27:18 PM

What I think this person is trying to explain is that most sororities nationally set how long a new member education period is, always the same out of time. Because it was so late, they had to condense weeks to make it to the time when you're supposed to initiate.

By: Ok
#2  by: Yes   

The new member period was really "dense" last year, like our new member education meetings were often and they took forever since we didn't have that much time to cover all of the material that would be on our initiation exam.

it was very stressful for a lot of my sisters and I know some girls who almost dropped because they were overwhelmed--so it's def a good thing that recruitment is earlier this year so your new member period is less hectic and busy and more enjoyable. Being a new member is one of the most special times of being part of a sorority and new members deserve to enjoy it and feel special and welcomed and showered with giftsl

By: Yes
#3  by: Ok   

There's no set pledging period...some can be 6 weeks, others can be 8, just depends on the sorority's nationals

By: Ok
#4  by: Differences   

For example, chi omega has a very long pledge period but to even call it "pledging" seems silly because their new members are not hazed and get treated with a lot of respect and are allowed to participate in most events with sisters. Some other chapters might be shorter but also more vigorous and less enjoyable

By: Differences
by: lmaoJun 23, 2016 12:30:51 AM

ok chi o, not trying to make yourself seem better to pnms or anything

By: lmao

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.